General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Our HHR vs. F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 AM

I got hit in the same spot (rear passenger door and across the wheel), three weeks after I bought my HHR. It was a lower speed hit, but the damage looks similar (though a little less and lower).

Bottom line- Rear passenger body panel, door, wheel and rear axle all replaced. The body shop did a great job. Repair was done almost two years ago, and it still looks and drives great.

Hope you have the same luck in getting it repaired!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM

HHR vs. F150 update

Guys and Girls,

I thought you might to look at what a "skinned HHR" looks like.....it is sad. There is another companion picture in my gallery if you'd like another angle view. I apologize for the crude cell phone quality. This is taken at my local body shop.

Also good news is that the hit and run truck owner has USAA insurance....I was unsure if he had any since the driver ran away, if you recall.

QuickRick

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/sho...=3&userid=9457

Last edited by QuickRick; 01-27-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Deceased

Never good seeing your four wheeled buddy with its guts hanging out, hope the repairs are finished soon.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM

HHR vs. F150

Hello,

So after over 4 weeks in the shop and 2 more for suspension, we got our car back. The gap between the 4 week and extra 2 weeks was due to a bent axle and lower control arm in the front.

The body shop really didn't do a very good job, leaving the battery vent broken, lumpy body work and paint all over places not supposed to have paint. Moreover, some areas didn't have enough paint on them. Fortunately, I see the parts list shows all GM parts with one junkyard door. (still all GM)

I blew my stack and they really turned the job around. I'm exhausted but the car looks pretty good now. The bad news is with the supplemental suspension work, the cost was so high that my insurance company would have rather totalled the car. (the criteria is a repair that is 75% of the value of the car)

I'd show you pictures but there isn't too much to see now but a shiny right side.

Quickrick
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM

Glad you got her back and that the shop did right (even though it was the second time around) Insurance covered the additional work, I hope.....
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Cool

Glad you were Ok (old news), but also that you got it fixed.

Maybe it's me, but after I have one in a bad bash. After repairs I lose interest in keeping it..
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM

HHR vs F150

Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. If I had a choice, I'd have really preferred another car instead of the repair. Once the body shop did the aesthetics first before structure, we were painted into a corner choice-wise.

I am so fussy (and mechanical) that I'll probably do more detailing and fit work myself. Today Herbie got all his filters changed and new Mobil 1 including the cabin filter. Next week he receives his spring coat of Zaino wax and leather seat conditioning

I agree that, wrecked severely, you're going to be lucky if it is exactly how it was before the accident.

QR
Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Finding more work in the wrecked car as supplemental isn't that uncommon.

Glad to hear it is all fixed up.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Finding more work in the wrecked car as supplemental isn't that uncommon. Glad to hear it is all fixed up.
Yeah.......I wrote a sandstorm damaged 2011 Ford Fusion the other day for $8k or so........just wrote a $2k supplement at the shop.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:00 PM

HHR vs. F150

Guys and Girls,

The HHR still handles and runs fine and so I guess that we are in good shape. At least they did decent body and paint work or we'd want to move on.

We picked up 2 new Firehawk tires due to the collision, so there is 25,000 miles disparity between the two sets now.

QuickRick

Quick Reply: Our HHR vs. F150