General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Ow! Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:21 AM

Man, did they do it lapocoperty (spelling) or do you have a nice 4-5 inch cut.
I had my appendix out last January.

Mine hurt in my lower left back. They thought it was kidney stones. I had "rebound pains".

A knife in the gut kinda explains it well.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM

I found out today, i had to wait a couple of days to take of the bandage. i have about a 4 inch cut and 8 staples under my belly button. LOL, frankenabs
Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 AM

I had mine taken out in the mid 80s. back then, I spent a week in the hospital (if it wasn't for the food, it would have been one of the best vacations I ever had at the time). They told me to try to walk the next day (it was an overnighter when I went under the knife), and had the scar/staples version (didn't do lapro back then).
I spent two weeks at home, then two more weeks on "light duty" (I got to work in the office instead of the shop - hated it).
The only available bed was in the pediatric wing of the hospital, and as I was in my mid 20s, I was the oldest person on the floor. at least I wasn't in the geriatric wing.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM

They are telling me to stay off work until the 15th?!! I had surgery on the 6th! I havent use the meds since monday night. i feel tired (unbeliveable considering my sloth) and move without twisting my abs (tough to do and funny to watch) but other than that i am good.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
I found out today, i had to wait a couple of days to take of the bandage. i have about a 4 inch cut and 8 staples under my belly button. LOL, frankenabs
OK, now we need pictures.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
Wow.......I had mine done laparascopically. Three scars....one at the belly button, one in the left side (and to think that the appendix is on the right) and one at the bikini line (I will never look right in a Speedo again ). They dropped a couple of sutures in each, then covered with steri-strips. The only part that really hurt was trying to stand after 3 days in bed.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Wow.......I had mine done laparascopically. Three scars....one at the belly button, one in the left side (and to think that the appendix is on the right) and one at the bikini line (I will never look right in a Speedo again ). They dropped a couple of sutures in each, then covered with steri-strips. The only part that really hurt was trying to stand after 3 days in bed.
Does ANYONE ever look right in a Speedo
Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 AM

The blood thirst!
Pictures of my bout with the stapler?
LOL.
Right now I feel good, walking upright, laughed a little..and didn't pay dearly.

Did anyone have lightheadedness after....i tried to get up a few times and literally fell. I admit i got up from lying down REALLY fast..lol But i do that all the time. Not vertigo, no dizzyness, just get up quick, and catch me!
Maybe i need to stand up for a few days, this lying down is KILLNG ME..lol
No meds since monday night BTW
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM

I guess I was one of the Lucky ones. I knew what the pain was going to be like as I had my gull bladder removed two years ago, and with it severly infected Cleveland clinic had put this bag with a tube going into my abdoment. That was some of the worst pain of having a tube the size of a #2 Pencil stuck in your abdoment. When the Dr. Pulled it out was like someone had there arm in your belly and riped it out. I asked, will I get any pain killer for this, he said NOPE! Take a deep breath and hold it. NOT FUN!
Last year about a month before my Brittish Virgin Island trip I noticed a funny feeling in my left side as I was coming down my stairs. Didn't think much of it. Got up the next morning, felt the same went to work, and told someone. He said hop up and down on your right foot, do you feel anything. I said yeah, feels like some one lightly poking me with a finger. He said well, doesn't sound like apendicitus, but you might want to get it looked at. Well went to the ER and was first told it was a bladder infection, then went for a CT and was told it was inflamed. Asked DR if I could wait till I got back from BVI, and said NOPE you are scheduled for surgery in three hrs. Was rushed downtownn Detroit and had it removed that night. I only had three scars that were maybe 1/2 inch. Not much pain maybe a 2 out of 10 from it. My gull bladder was like a 19 out of 10.

HAPPY HEALING!