General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 PM

Please help!

What is that little light on the head liner for? seems like it is always on.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 PM

to light up the window switches, the first year models did not have them....................I think ???
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by HHRPAT
to light up the window switches, the first year models did not have them....................I think ???
They had them too.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Yeah, my 2006 has them. It's really cool actually. You think it'd be pointless though, but you do need it! I don't see why they just didn't put lights in the switches like other cars?

Eh, it's a good conversations starter, and my friends love it!

What I want to know is, what's the circle for in the plastic behind it?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Yeah, my 2006 has them. It's really cool actually. You think it'd be pointless though, but you do need it! I don't see why they just didn't put lights in the switches like other cars?

Eh, it's a good conversations starter, and my friends love it!

What I want to know is, what's the circle for in the plastic behind it?
Mike for OnStar.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Mike for OnStar.
Oh! Is that what that is? Never would have guessed...

I personally don't have one, (no Onstar) but I've seen pictures of them, any my mom's impala had something similar I believe. I just have an outline of where it should be on mine...
Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 PM

why

I don't see why they just didn't put lights in the switches like other cars?

or , why didn't they put the window switches where they are supposed to be????? it will be so nice when i figure out how to put mine on the door. i hope i can wire some 09 door panels in my 08. i think there is a thread that shows how to add lights behind the window switches.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Yeah, I don't get why they put them there... It's hard to reach with the shifter in the way...

Again, another conversation starter with my friends...they've never seen such a thing. It's funny too to watch people try and put the windows down, first locking the door, then trying to figure out which window is which!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 PM

the in-law's equinox has them in the console too, but they are easily within your reach. I'm 6'2" and sit as far back as I can, and even though i have long monkey arms, i still have to lean forward a bit to get the switches.

I've learned to like them except I don''t like how i can't put all 4 down at the same time. If they're on the door i can usually use all 4 switches at ones, but their current position makes it not possible.

These little oddities and money savers get on my nerves though. Like not lighting the window buttons... come on. My other huge pet peeve, no option for heated mirrors. my wife's POS aveo has freakin heated mirrors, but somehow a car that cost 10k more doesn't even have that option...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:58 AM

Many times the switches are place in a console with the intent the vehicle may be exported at some point. The PT was sent to Europe do Chevy may have had a wild hair so send the HHR at one point. [The English do not understand the HHR and may have killed any plans].

The new Camaro has the door locks in the console because there were plans to send it overseas till the money crunch.

The reason the buttons are not lighted are due to my guess cost. The unlighted switch is cheaper to make and one light is cheaper than 4 lighted switches.

Either way the 08 SS and all 09 models now have them lighted and where thy should be in the door.

I hope to convert to a 09 dome light soon. Even my 7 year old complains it is too dark.