General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Possessed HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM

Unhappy Possessed HHR

last night my hhr was possessed! I dont know what the hell happened! Wifey went to start it and it wouldnt start... it wouldnt turn over...just started ticking or knocking really fast... almost sounded like a dead battery but it wasnt...we attempted to jump the HHR twice with no luck....the interior lights started flickering... the door locks started unlocking when they were already unlocked!.... then the key wouldnt come out of the ignition... all sorts of weirdness... the automatic shifter would not come out of park... the brake pedal started controlling the interior lights... pressed it down and the lights went off... released it and they came back on! Ultimately we couldnt get the car started so we called "big brother" to come save us... so onstar sent out a tow truck and took the "Super HHR" off to the dealer...

this morning when I called the dealership they had no clue on why my car was there...they stated it was a mystery to the them bcuz the tow truck driver didnt leave any of my information there... after i wrote everything down and gave it to him to leave with the H he didnt do it! and the dealer was like had we known what was wrong wit it and whos it was we could have looked at it first thing this morning however its just been sitting there until you called...
Old 04-11-2006, 09:01 AM

lol the brakes controlling the lights is crazy. It's weird how much of the hhr is electronical. I hope they fix it right for ya bud.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Banned

Yup sound like it was possessed. Too bad dealers don't believe in vehicular demonic possession.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 AM

Mine isnt a full on possession, more like demonic interaction i guess. While I'm driving during dusk or when its that time when its not too dark but not too much light, the light for the console goes on and off and on and off just whenever it wants. kind of annoying because i see it out of the corner of my eye.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 AM

Am I the only person who thinks that our technology is now creating more problems than it is solving? I would hate to think of running any car beyond the warranty period in the future. How will the young kids ever be able to afford keeping a used car running with all of the electronic things to break as the cars get older? Your problem is unique. I have the popping radio problem (see other post) that is enough trouble for now. I hope the dealer can "duplicate the problem". Good luck!

Fritz45
Old 04-11-2006, 09:39 AM

Can anyone else say "Linda Blair drove your car???" Sparks can!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Holy cow! Maybe you should get an excorcist's help instead of the dealerships help. BE GONE YOU DEMONS OF THE HIGHWAY. Sounds like the carputer is malfunctioning, or it could even be just the starter. If you take a screw driver and touch the starter, it'll jump start your car that way sometimes. Gotta' be careful though because it will emit some sparks as soon as you turn the ignition.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by adamlowery
Mine isnt a full on possession, more like demonic interaction i guess. While I'm driving during dusk or when its that time when its not too dark but not too much light, the light for the console goes on and off and on and off just whenever it wants. kind of annoying because i see it out of the corner of my eye.
Same problem here, during dusk, I assume it is the dash light sensor. Half the time, I barely notice and wonder if it is me!!! It changes the brightness of my dash, usually lowering, then back to bright. A couple times afterwards, I noticed the knob, that changes dash brightness, has no effect, but then works, hummmm???!!!!

Also, I believe I see that little white light (illuminates shift area at night) in head-liner, flicker on and off, during some daylight times.

Does not happen routinely, so far, I just ignore, hope it is not a developing bigger electrical problem.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

I get the same thing but I don't think it's a problem because almost everything with a light sensor does that at dusk.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 AM

at the signpost up ahead...you have now crossed over into---The Twilight Zone!

Quick Reply: Possessed HHR