General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Possessed HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Deceased

12,500 so far and nothing has gone wrong yet, but i think i am on the way to where the rotors are warping. will see what happens.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:33 PM

11,600 miles just small cosmetic issues.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:47 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by HUSKYSHHR
well it happened again and i was stranded for 1 1/2 hrs today!! my car now qualifys for the lemon law as it has been in the shop 4 times for the same problem!! i even video taped it!! this way the service department could not argue the point if it started for them!
Has the shop ever been able to duplicate the problem? If not, it might not qualify for the Lemon Law.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:39 AM

well it happened again and i was stranded for 1 1/2 hrs today!! my car now qualifys for the lemon law as it has been in the shop 4 times for the same problem!! i even video taped it!! this way the service department could not argue the point if it started for them!

i'll keep you posted!! ive had the HHR since sept of 05, i was the first owner of one in prescott arizona and now im just wishing they would scrap it!! its sad i was so excited when i picked mine up!!
Another bump from a long ways back but that sounds like a computer problem. My brother had an S-10 back in the early 90's that did the same thing. It would run fine for a few days and then just die out in the middle of nowhere. He would try to start it and get nothing. If he let it sit, the next day or so it would start up and run like new. Then it would die again 2 or 3 days later. Nothing any mechanic did seemed to fix the problem and they couldn't find anything wrong through diagnostics. They finally decided to replace the computer chip out of fustration and he had no problems after that.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 PM

i'll keep you posted!! ive had the HHR since sept of 05, i was the first owner of one in prescott arizona and now im just wishing they would scrap it!! its sad i was so excited when i picked mine up!!
Have them pull the driver's seat out and look under the flooring at the wiring harness. Several of the early production runs had problems with a seat bolt crushing a section of the wiring harness and making the computers do some crazy things.

From your post, it sounds like yours could be included in this timeframe.
Print this out, take it to the dealer, and have them check it out.

Best of luck - I hope this solves your mystery!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:00 AM

at 9600, my only probs are road rash on the fenders and DEER!!!!! All is fixed and gunning GOOD...
Old 05-29-2006, 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=HHRsparks] last night my hhr was possessed! QUOTE]

That's gotta be better than being RE-possessed!!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by erf2u
Although, I am sure that we all love and cherish our HHR...here is proof, that some Chevy service people are really possessed.....
Some of them are just plain Morons! Probably ex-used car salesmen with the "Customer Beware" mentality!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:17 AM

possessed HHR

Hey Guys & Gals,
I'm new to the forum. I've only had my HHR for 5 days now, but no problems yet. I guess any machine with all of the electronic wizardry that all modern machines have they're bound to had something go weird sometimes. I had a Mazda 929 that had a episode on me and the radio started changing stations by itself, the tranny started shifting into different gears at the wrong time, and then it just quit running! It turned out to be the alternator was bad, causing a low voltage condition, and the ECM went crazy trying to figure out what to do! I also own a 2001 Harley Davidson Elecraglide that is fuel injected and it got kinda weird on me one time. I took it to the dealer and they plugged it into their computer and the computer told it to quit doing that and it did! Sometimes it kinda makes ya miss the old 55 Chevy!
Later
Sonny Martin
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cj krause
12,500 so far and nothing has gone wrong yet, but i think i am on the way to where the rotors are warping. will see what happens.
I know this has nothing to do with electronic issues but after seeing CJ's
post I had to comment.

My Sport Red HHR needed front pads at around 12,300 miles. I do paper
delivery with that one so I expected quicker brake wear, although not
as quick as 12,300. By the way ... it was covered under warranty.
Tuesday, on my wifes' Sunburst Orange HHR, the brakes let go as well.
She does 95% highway driving. Mileage is just over 15,000. The Chevy
dealership called yesterday ... it needs new pads AND new rotors. Chevy
Roadside Service did the tow, Chevy is paying for the rental car (2 days
probably as parts weren't available) and again, all the work is covered
under waranty. Seems odd, 2 different HHR's, 2 different driving styles
and both cars having brake issues well before brake pads should reasonably
wear. Didn't know if anyone else had brake problems

Quick Reply: Possessed HHR