General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Price check on Aisle 6, 2008 HHR LS panel van

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 07:35 PM
SD1

Price check on Aisle 6, 2008 HHR LS panel van

Hey all, I have a small cleaning business and a friend of mine's neighbor has an HHR panel van that I would like to buy. 2008 its white, automatic just under 85k and says its an LS trim? I looked up the book and it says around $41-5800 but the guy wants $6500. The car is in good shape, it is NOT perfect, but the body is straight and it runs well. It has some wear on the driver seat, the plastic part/cover on the driver door handle is broken. It needs tires, battery seems low and at least an oil change. Can you guys give me an idea as to where you think I should land on the price? Its a great little billboard to run around town, so I am willing to pay a little more because it will be a marketing tool and I know there are not a lot of them around. Is it "rare" or "desirable"??? Seller thinks so. : )

Thanks a lot for any feedback.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Panels are desirable, with the things that are worn out on it, $5,000 to $5,500 tops , providing it’s got a clear title and it passes inspection.
they are by no means rare, I think he knows you want it, and wants y’all to pay for it!
Old 08-26-2021, 08:17 PM
SD1

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Panels are desirable, with the things that are worn out on it, $5,000 to $5,500 tops , providing it’s got a clear title and it passes inspection.
they are by no means rare, I think he knows you want it, and wants y’all to pay for it!
LOL, I have a good poker face, I picked it apart. I agree with you though. I would pay $5500 if he would take that. I think I will have to put another 1k-1500 to get it up and running, again, not a big deal, its going to pay for itself. I am using a chrysler minivan right now, and I can at least put some lettering on the HHR and it would def. stand out more than the mommy van we are using now. : )

Anything I should look for? I only drove it around the block. Other than the battery being a little weak it fired right up and revved smoothly. It is not leaking anything and drove straight. Seemed pretty solid.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 08-26-2021, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

my .02 is when a vehicle has different issues left unfixed, shows someone has lost interest & therefore may have to really look close at those.

And contrary to some beliefs, cash still talks.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:31 AM
SD1

Originally Posted by sleeper
my .02 is when a vehicle has different issues left unfixed, shows someone has lost interest & therefore may have to really look close at those.

And contrary to some beliefs, cash still talks.
I agree but it was just left unused. Tires are old, not worn, due for an oil change and has some knicks here and there. I should have taken pics. the door handle was cracked not like it was hanging off. Pretty typical used car stuff. As I said, I kind of picked it apart, wouldnt give him a nickel unless I thought it was a pretty decent car. AND as mentioned, its a little rolling billboard, I am not going to pay 10K for it, but even if I did overpay for it, having the sign out rolling around town is literally worth $2-300 a month to me. With that said, yes of course I will wave some cash and see if I can put my hands on it.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:55 AM
Administrator

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/main...sed-hhr-60144/

Some information about purchasing a used HHR
Old 08-27-2021, 10:19 AM
SD1

Originally Posted by Oldblue
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/main...sed-hhr-60144/

Some information about purchasing a used HHR
Thank you!
Old 08-27-2021, 11:36 AM
Administrator

No problem , now if you get this panel, don’t go throwing parts at it all Willy nilly, just tell us what you hear or feel or if there’s a code just post the code itself, do not go by what the code title says or by what the parts counter jock tells you if you get it checked at your local parts palace.
Over the last 16 years, we’ve learned a thing or two about these trucklets and are here to help you, save money and enjoy your HHR!
Old 08-27-2021, 11:49 AM

The ordinary wagon will function almost as well if not equally (plus the back doors are easier to open) and you can probably find a better one for half the price. If you yank out the back seats you’ll have even more room than an unmodified panel.

Keep in mind this is a business decision. Don’t pay the panel tax. Put graphics over the windows and 99% of the public won’t know the difference.

As a toy it’s worth $5000, maybe, but to a business, $3500, maybe.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

But Panels are smooth sided for graphics, unlike wagons.

Quick Reply: Price check on Aisle 6, 2008 HHR LS panel van