General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Problem With Car Bras.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Problem With Car Bras.

Not sure if this is the right area for this, but has anyone had problems with Car Bras. I ordered a Colgan Bra for my HHR, based on recommendations from the forum and knowing there was a delay in getting them from the manufacturer. But I can't get a straight answer from Car Bras, and I can't even get anyone to answer the phone, just voice mails. Last week when I did get Ken, he was to call me back with information and never did and my credit card was charged two weeks ago and I have not yet received anything. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Thanks, Chuck
Old 10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi Chuck:

Had a similar problem with Car Bras. It took about 2 months to get my bra. Colgan seems to be very slow fulfilling their orders. Once it did come, the order was perfect, all the pieces were there, the bra fit perfectly and the quality is great. I very happy with it.

I think the secret is patience. You'll get it eventually. I just wish they were more up front about how long it takes.

Dean
Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM

Not sure what is going on here but in the performance aftermarket many companies are not keeping as much stock on hand.

This is leading to long back orders on many items. Unless there is parts in stock many times it turns into a long back order.

Just a by product of a bad economy and companies not wanting to put a lot of money into product to just sit on the shelf. That money may be needed if things do not improve for other products.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:26 PM

I would not mind the wait but they have charged my credit card and I don't have the product, which means I either have to dispute the bill or pay for something I don't have to keep from incurring interest. Chuck
Old 10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Rest In Peace

Colgans website has in Big Bold Red text And a Pop up that says-

Please Note:
Colgan Bras are custom made to order. It takes time to make a quality product and current lead-time for production is 8 to 10 weeks.
Due to high demand, we currently cannot guarantee that your order will be delivered in time for Christmas.

Thats ordering it direct from them, anywhere else is Not going to carry stock, and will do the drop ship or even have it sent to them first, remove any info they want to remove (their cost invoice,etc.) and then ship it along to you.

Inventory has been reduced over the last several Decades.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I would not mind the wait but they have charged my credit card and I don't have the product, which means I either have to dispute the bill or pay for something I don't have to keep from incurring interest. Chuck
There you have your answer. Not on the shelf and made when order is placed.

As for the card this is the way is used to be for years and years. The cases where people would not get something were always rare.

The greatest issue is this is a I have to have it now world and most companies have geared for it. But some of this may change as not all these companies are as large as you think [some only have 3 employees]. Unsold product on the shelf is money tied up that many can not afford. Sales are slower right now for many and they can not afford to sit on that much money on the shelf.

Untill the economy returns time may be longer on some product.

I work in the performance aftermarket and I have one back order of my own that is going over 6 months. So even when you know the people in charge by name you still have to wait.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
There you have your answer. Not on the shelf and made when order is placed.

As for the card this is the way is used to be for years and years. The cases where people would not get something were always rare.

The greatest issue is this is a I have to have it now world and most companies have geared for it. But some of this may change as not all these companies are as large as you think [some only have 3 employees]. Unsold product on the shelf is money tied up that many can not afford. Sales are slower right now for many and they can not afford to sit on that much money on the shelf.

Untill the economy returns time may be longer on some product.

I work in the performance aftermarket and I have one back order of my own that is going over 6 months. So even when you know the people in charge by name you still have to wait.
Well, that is not the answer. I understood from the beginning that there would be a delay in receiving it and I do not need it by Christmas. I have never had any business I deal with, and that is several, charge my credit card until the item is shipped, ever. And the fact that I could not get a return call from Car Bras to answer when or where or why my card had been charged prior to shipping. That has absolutely nothing to do with the posting from Colgan's website. I did not buy it from Colgan, I bought it from Car Bras, so all I ask for is, "Since the card has been charged, was the product shipped?" and I could not get that answer, could not get a returned phone call as promised and could not reach anyone there yesterday. This is not a way to do business. Now to update, after my calls to their office yesterday and leaving messages on voice mail and making this post here, I have a message on my voice mail this morning from Ken stating that it has been shipped. It is just frustrating doing business with a company when they are not responsive to customers inquiries, especially after they have received payment. This has nothing to do with the economy, or stocking inventory or delays at the factory. It has to do with keeping customers informed. If at any time I was told, it will be 2 more weeks or ten more weeks, it would not be a problem. So anyway, the question has indeed been finally answered. Chuck
Old 10-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Well, that is not the answer. I understood from the beginning that there would be a delay in receiving it and I do not need it by Christmas. I have never had any business I deal with, and that is several, charge my credit card until the item is shipped, ever. And the fact that I could not get a return call from Car Bras to answer when or where or why my card had been charged prior to shipping. That has absolutely nothing to do with the posting from Colgan's website. I did not buy it from Colgan, I bought it from Car Bras, so all I ask for is, "Since the card has been charged, was the product shipped?" and I could not get that answer, could not get a returned phone call as promised and could not reach anyone there yesterday. This is not a way to do business. Now to update, after my calls to their office yesterday and leaving messages on voice mail and making this post here, I have a message on my voice mail this morning from Ken stating that it has been shipped. It is just frustrating doing business with a company when they are not responsive to customers inquiries, especially after they have received payment. This has nothing to do with the economy, or stocking inventory or delays at the factory. It has to do with keeping customers informed. If at any time I was told, it will be 2 more weeks or ten more weeks, it would not be a problem. So anyway, the question has indeed been finally answered. Chuck
Well I have worked in this industry for near 20 years. At one time everyone charged the car at the time the order was placed as we did not have the computer systems we have now. Now day few charge at the time the order is placed and only the small places do so.

As for the Economy and and inventories I only offered it as a possibilty as it is a real problem today. I deal with several hundred companies and I see it more and more. If it has not effected you yet it will.

I do agree they did and should have returned your car sooner. But keep in mind many places are not like were I work with staff of hundreds. I run into call back issues with many of my companies because they have very few people working at them.

Some big names are really only a handfull of people. Many are not staffing like they should. In fact next month I will have to deal with people on their cell phone from the SEMA show in Vegas as there is no one back at the office to take calls and I will have to work with the rep on the road with him on a lap top.

On back orders they are goverend by the Federal Trade commission. There are time lines and notifications that need to be met. In this case you should have at least gotten a mailed Back order card and a follow up after 30 days I believe.

Mail order and internet has changed much in just the last 10 years. In the future it will change even more. It has given the ability for some to run what appear to be large companies out of a small building or even a house. I only wonder what is next.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am in the publishing business and we sell both retail and wholesale. My inquiry was simply to try and determine if there were issues I might need to know about that others were aware of. The good news is that the bra for my HHR was just now delivered and I can get it installed this weekend. That also means I can drive it more now, since I don't have to worry about those rock dings. Chuck