General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

problems with the hhr...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM

problems with the hhr...

Well, im having a pluthera of problems to go through here. The constant squeaking brakes, massive amounts of interior rattles, engine whine when the car is cold, rear door speakers inoperative, squeaks when going over decent sized bumps when at slow speeds, pretty much all the bad stuff everybody else is having but all put together. I think that when my insurance policy runs out on the car since i already paid the policy off, that im gonna trade the rattle box in for something better GM makes, any comments ? Now's the chance, i really dislike my car now.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 PM

I'd be just as unhappy as you are and would understand completely.

I guess we've been lucky with ours. You gotta do what ya gotta do! and that means ya gotta be happy with what you're driving.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Have you taken the car to a dealer so they can try to fix these things?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:27 PM

I'd say go to the dealer and have a long talk with the Sales Manager and let him know how unhappy you are with the car...I know I'd be screaming bloody murder. The last thing the dealer wants is an unhappy customer who will most likely tell family and friends they bought a car that had nothing but problems, knowing that they are gonna tell others just like you have told us.

I haven't read all your posts, so I don't know if you've addressed these issues with the dealer to try and get them resolved. Unfortunately from time to time there are cars that have issues...and we generally hear about the bad more than the good. If you've worked with the dealer and problems are unresolved, I'd suggest trying another Chevrolet dealer.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:54 PM

Man I just bought my HHR. I hope I dont run into these problems. Well good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
im gonna trade the rattle box in for something better GM makes, any comments ? Now's the chance, i really dislike my car now.
Sounds like your having some problems and I can understand why you'd be unhappy. Why bother trading in for another GM. I love GM and I've driven GM all my life but I have been starting to get very dissappointed in the quality of the cars and customer service from them. Other than the new Camaro, I'm going to be looking elsewhere, in particular Audi.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 AM

I have had very few of all of the common problems that are frequently listed for the HHR. It sounds like you got 1 poorly made, lemon HHR. If you like the car, but not the issues, you should take it in, explain to the sales manager all of the problems, and drive another one. If it is lacking those issues, trade it in for a fully functioning HHR.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM

don't give up on 'er just yet. Try what Joe is saying, get another car from the dealer or tell him it's cardboard lemons time, with his name on the lemons as you drive around town!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM

Cool sorry

Sorry to hear about all of your problems, my wife & I love ours so much we are planning to get a second one!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:52 PM

after reading all post started by dnbguy86, Your HHR has had it's share of mods done to it. How are all the inter. parts reinstalled ? are all push in clips there and in good shape? All bolts tight ? Everything alined ? Rattles going over bumps, Exhaust ? or suspension ? LOOK over all mods to see if that is were your problems are ..................... also an AUDI

Quick Reply: problems with the hhr...