General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

problems with the hhr...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
after reading all post started by dnbguy86, Your HHR has had it's share of mods done to it. How are all the inter. parts reinstalled ? are all push in clips there and in good shape? All bolts tight ? Everything alined ? Rattles going over bumps, Exhaust ? or suspension ? LOOK over all mods to see if that is were your problems are ..................... also an AUDI
First of, i work at the dealer, so they think that just because im an employee im supposed to shut my mouth and be happy, they said ill get fired if i give a bad survey, cause i was gonna give a bad survey cause they said they cant fix my squeaky brakes, which is bs. Also, to the guy above, im certified by gm to work on all there cars and have proof, i know what im doing. I asked the interior trim guy to take a look and he said he didnt want too...so i dont really care anymore. Im currently in a deal trying to get out of my hhr and into a 03 cavalier in great shape with low miles. I just want a beater work car to drive now.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
First of, i work at the dealer, so they think that just because im an employee im supposed to shut my mouth and be happy, they said ill get fired if i give a bad survey, cause i was gonna give a bad survey cause they said they cant fix my squeaky brakes, which is bs. Also, to the guy above, im certified by gm to work on all there cars and have proof, i know what im doing. I asked the interior trim guy to take a look and he said he didnt want too...so i dont really care anymore. Im currently in a deal trying to get out of my hhr and into a 03 cavalier in great shape with low miles. I just want a beater work car to drive now.
So you can't take it to another dealer ?
I hope they don't treat all their customers like that. It doesn't sound like a place I would want to work.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:36 AM

Your dealer sucks! I had a problem with my brakes squeaking and my dealer said "that's not right" and promptly replaced the front brakes-end of squeaking!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dave C
So you can't take it to another dealer ?
I hope they don't treat all their customers like that. It doesn't sound like a place I would want to work.
Yeah, its kinda ****ty. But if i take to another dealer ill be out of a car, and i dont wanna hassle with a rent car. They dont treat the customer's that way, but they treat the employees kinda ****ty, i got my survey in from gm and told them i wasnt completely satisfied cause the brakes were still squeaking, and they said its normal. I said, im trying to be a customer now, not an employee, and i said would you treat an customer this way, and they prolly not. Not much i can do though...
Old 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM

HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR HHr, I WOULD TAKE IT IN TO GET IT FIXED & IF IT STILL HAS THE PROBLEMS I WOULD TAKE IT IN AGAIN BUT BE REALLY NICE. THEN AFTER 3 TIME IF STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS I WOULD LOOK AT THE LEMMN LAW FOR YOUR STATE. THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS. GOOD LUCK. I HOPE THE PROBLEM ARE NOT WITH YOUR MODS AND ONLY WITH THE VEHICLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 PM

Only problem on mine has been with the A/C noise, but haven't taken it in for it, to be repaired. Did order the parts, but not heard from the dealer yet, over 3 months now, wonder what happened?, But still this has been the only problem with mine, has been a good little vehicle, it is what it is, an inexpensive little car/truck, with a lot of addon's that are really nice to have in a low end car. The problems you describe are probably annoying, and I can't understand not being able to fix a squeaking brake issue, that problem went away a long time ago with most GM vehicles unless the brakes were replaced with metalic brakes of some sort. This has been a great vehicle, but so was my Monte Carlo, and Astro. Only had them back to the dealer one time each, except for the van, had it there twice. Not bad for vehicles with over 200,000 miles on the monte, and 100,000 on the astro. I expect the HHR will do the same.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 PM

my service advisor said that the metallic metrial in the brakes are supposed to help prevent brake dust, but a downside is noise, so i said you didnt even offer to ask me to find a different material brake pad or replace anything, you would think they would try to help out an employee even more so than a regular customer...