General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Purchase Decision

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM

Aloha all,

thax a lot for all the replies. I agree I should search more. I just wanted some feedback from car users and not all promo stuff, but I guess I would find it here :-)

Okay so my color name schema isn't up to par, it might have been the teal, and I agree both colors looks great.

I have a question; Is there a difference between the 07 and 08 model? Should I expect a discount simply because it is an 07? I guess I should, but I have no idea about the magintude.

I must be a carsalesman's wet dream, I simply have no clue about cars and buying them...

Would you guys buy it with a service program?

Yes Hawaii is pretty nice. Would be even better if I get a car which the steering and brakes doesn't fail on (my old one) :-)

Alex

Mahalo
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by tautologies
Aloha all,
I must be a carsalesman's wet dream, I simply have no clue about cars and buying them...
Would you guys buy it with a service program? Mahalo
Hi Alex, hello from -21 C British Columbia.

For whatever it is worth I wouldn’t worry about being easy pickins’ for a car salesperson. Sure you have to do your homework, and you are, but the buying decision is one that only you can make, get quotes from different dealers if you can, shop and compare, and you can always walk away from any deal anytime, its your money. I know that some will not agree with me but IMHO it has been my experience that you will get better service and probably a better deal if you are up front and tell the salesperson that you need his help (makes him feel important) rather then being a know it all and putting the salesperson on the defensive.

Most people including myself would not buy an extended service contract; the warranty covers power train for 100,000 miles on 07 & 08 I think.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 41
Size:  5.6 KB to the site Alex!!! Be sure to let us know if you take the plunge
Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
to the site Alex!!! Be sure to let us know if you take the plunge
For sure, right now I am browsing different sites to get some info about buying a car...but as far as I can see this would be the only candidate.
Guys here are making it easier. :-)

Hail to you all!!

Old_Ray, I agree..I think..I am not very good at hiding anything, but as you say I need to have my game plan on, and follow it. I also think a car salesperson can smell it a mile away anyhow....

once I get my voice back I'll get some offers and look at the money...

a.