General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Question from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 AM

Rico, Ich ging an die Hetze Website für deutschland und sehe ich nur den 2,4-Engine, haben sie die 2,2 in Deutschland auch?

To MWG2 and other forum members: have you looked at the German site? go to chevy .com then at the bottom click worldwide sites and the find Germany.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:06 AM

Your are CORRECT sir!!! Only the 2.4 engine is available in the Fatherland according to the Chevrolet.de site.

Last edited by MWG2; 01-20-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: correction
Old 01-20-2008, 08:54 AM

Vielen Dank für Deine Antwort. Auch ich übersetze mit einem automatischen Programm Eure Beiträge. Es ist nicht immer einfach alles zu verstehen.Ich wollte wissen auf mas man acjten soll, wenn man ein HHR kaufen möchte! Und wo bekomme ich in den USA eine HHR preiswert zu kaufen? Ich komme aus Rostock im Norden an der Ostsee!
Rico
Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 AM

He boys, I think it's good that your help me! Thank you!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 AM

If I can help you times then I will gladly do it!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MWG2
Your are CORRECT sir!!! Only the 2.4 engine is available in the Fatherland according to the Chevrolet.de site.
Are you a Nazi? It's usually only cool to refer to Germany as the fatherland if you're a Nazi or speaking of Nazis'. You might want to watch out who you upset saying things like that. Not trying to bust your balls or anything...I don't think you were dropping Nazi references on purpose....I think you were just trying to make someone from Germany feel welcome but I know from personal experience how sensitive some people on this site are and how much you can upset them by doing something unintentional like that because I've done it before.

"Drawing from the Nazis' usage of the term "Vaterland", the direct English translation "fatherland" featured in news reports associated with Nazi Germany and in domestic anti-Nazi propaganda during World War II. As a result, the English word is now associated with the Nazi government of Germany (unlike in Germany itself, where the word means simply "homeland") The word is not used often in post-World War II English unless one wishes to invoke the Nazis, or one is translating literally from a foreign language where that language's equivalent of "fatherland" does not bear Nazi connotations."
Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 AM

No, I am not a Nazi.

I had a young lady from Germany in a religion class a few years ago and she was not a Nazi, yet she referred to her country in many ways, including the "Fatherland."

I had no idea that this was offensive to anyone and I aplogize if it did offend anyone. There was absolutely no offense meant. And, I am not a Nazi. My goodness...that is...well...once again, I apologize if I offended anyone.

I will stop posting on this forum. I NEVER want to hurt anyone's feelings or say anything offensvie. I just like to help people, be funny and learn.

Again, I truly apologize.

Most sincerely,

MWG2
Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by puemue
Und wo bekomme ich in den USA eine HHR preiswert zu kaufen?
Rico
You just have to talk with a chevy dealer and try to get them to lower the price. We also get rebates back from Chevy which help. You have to use sites like Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) to find about what the dealer pays so you then have an idea what they might sell it for.
We are glad to help anyone we can. Language can be a problem at times but we are the same otherwise. We all have beautiful women don't we? and we also think the HHR is beautiful.

Sie müssen nur sprechen, mit einem Händler hetzen und zu versuchen, sie zu dem niedrigeren Preis. Wir erhalten auch Rabatte zurück, die aus Chevy helfen. Sie haben die Verwendung Sites wie Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) zu finden, was der Händler zahlt man dann so eine Idee haben, was sie verkaufen könnten.
Wir sind froh, jemandem zu helfen wir können. Sprache kann manchmal ein Problem, aber wir sind der gleichen anders. Wir haben schöne Frauen nicht wir? Und wir denken auch, das HHR ist schön.

Last edited by an08HHR; 01-20-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: corrected a spelling error.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Founding Member

Thanks for the clarification of Fatherland and all, please stay on topic and lets help this member with their HHR related questions and enjoy their input.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:37 AM

Hello, I just read everything! A pity it here to these calls for my coming! I myself had also written to the author that he failed to!

Quick Reply: Question from Germany