General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

radio mostly, dead car

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Question radio mostly, dead car

2006 hhr radio started acting wierd...did what it wanted, couldn't turn of and on...car wouldn't start, dealer replaced battery, brought home again didn't start, took back to dealer, couldn't solve, brought home again, dead car! took back to dealer, they replaced a module, drove home, radio worked like new, 2 days later, radio is wierd again! but car did start. so back to ?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 PM

Sounds like a lot of loose connections......
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Deceased

What module did they replace?

By not starting, do you mean cranking and not firing, or not cranking at all?

How exactly is the radio acting weird, display issues, no sound out of the speakers on one side, or not powering up at all?

We need a bit more info in exactly what its up to before the brainstorming can really begin.

And before I forget, to the forum nananpoppy!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM

@nananpoppy, I have read your post about your HHR. This has all happened within the last month?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Question

this has all been in the last 2 months.....this morning the car did not start! it's going back to steves chevorlet on wednesday for the 4th time. not sure what module it was, but it didn't solve the problem. picked it up last monday, radio started acting wierd on wednesday. it couldn't change channels or turn off n on. the car started all week though. no start this morn my husbands key was stuck couldn't get in car, to get to battery, climbed over seat, jumped the battery, key came out...what now? funny the car all worked perfect for 3 days!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Pdc
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

well a week later, a brand new radio this time, sat at dealers over the weekend to make sure it started. it did, we'll see if this is it! i have my fingers crossed, will the car start all week? i'll let you know.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 AM

@nananpoopy, so far so good? If you experience this situation again, which I hope that you don't, get a hold of me.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM

fixed !!

the dealership replaced my radio...brand new....all works...it seems to have been the problem for the draining of the battery...n dead car. i am so happythankyou.....
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
geg

I am glad that you've lost your headache.
sometimes I do not satisfied with the conduct of my radio. Once or twice a month, the radio is not able to perceive and decode radio waves. I hear a hissing sound on all channels, but the material part is working well. Problemma disappears if I turn off the engine, remove the key from the ignition and close the door using the key fob. In this case, I did not even leave the car. When I turn on the engine again - radio woke up and it works well.
I'm not worried because of this deficiency. I use the CD-ROMs more than radio, because most radio stations in Russia, located on the even waves. American radio is not able to see them.
When (and if) my radio will die, I'll buy a Chevrolet Aveo radio (Europe). If believe the pictures, HHR and Aveo have the same radios. But European Aveo radio is trained to see the all the radio stations.

Quick Reply: radio mostly, dead car