General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Razzi Side Skirts HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Razzi Side Skirts HELP!

Hey everyone. So, it seems like there's not too much like out there for the Razzi body kits. Well, too bad they are pretty much one of two places currently making them. Anyway, as this thread implies, I need help.
I recently got my body kit and my painter is dry fitting everything for painting. I have a small problem right now with the side skirts and not knowing if they too install over the factory skirts or if they can be installed without. Does anyone know. I have the original side skirts still but I would need to purchase new clips and make the 2 hour drive to the guy working on my car. Need to know ASAP if anyone knows the answer to this.

Thank you so much!
Old 09-06-2021, 06:34 PM
Administrator

You list your HHR as a 2LT, so you have running boards, I have no experience with the side skirts you mentio, so
A: didn’t they have an instruction sheet in the box?

B: if you ordered them online, doe that website have any directions?

In order to fit correctly with the front fender and the doors, I can’t see how these would fit over the OEM running boards or the non running boards if so outfitted at the factory

I see Andy’s Autosport sells these , perhaps call their customer service number

These photos it appears the skirts are applied over the non running boards

Fit and finish seem a touch off, now that could be the installer’s lack of experience

See here how the skirt is not flush to the fender or the door

Our friends at CarID had this information in their website
All Razzi by AAC Ground Effects Packages come with mounting hardware and instructions. A typical mounting hardware package includes all necessary screws and a tube of urethane adhesive. Most packages include double-sided tape which is used to hold the parts on the vehicle while the urethane adhesive cures. Manufacturer includes a list of several "quick setting adhesives" in our installation ("tips") instructions that comes with the kit. These adhesives can make the installation easier and can be purchased at your local paint and body shop supply house.
If you want to install a kit by yourself, then you can do it, but Razzi by AAC suggests that two people work together to install a Ground Effects package. All Front and Rear Air Dams for Razzi by AAC Ground Effects Packages are designed to fit from wheel well to wheel well. This design creates very "large" pieces and it is designed into all ground effects packages to prevent unsightly seams or joints as well as providing excellent fit and design continuity. These large pieces are difficult for 1 person to handle, especially after they have been painted. You wouldn't want to scratch them while you're installing them, so the extra hands to hold them are always helpful.

Razzi by AAC would suggest that, at the minimum, you have the following tools available:
  • Box cutter / razor knife: trim the plastic parts if any trimming is needed
  • Cordless power drill: drill screw holes
  • Full screwdriver set: put in screws
  • Full drill bit set: drill screw holes
  • Caulk gun: to apply the urethane adhesive that comes with the kit
  • Sandpaper: to sand the parts if necessary during the "fitting" process
It's not "hard" to install a Razzi by AAC Ground Effects package since the parts will fit very well. Occasionally a part may have to be "slightly" sanded by hand to get a perfect fit because of slight variations from vehicle to vehicle, but in most cases no sanding will be needed. Most routine Installers of Ground Effects say that Razzi by AAC parts fit "the best of all" and "installing them is easy". When you get the kit, before you take it to a body shop to get it painted, always "pre-fit" the parts on your car. You will then see how well the parts fit and how easy they will be to install.
For someone who has never installed a ground effect package before (like most people), a typical Razzi by AAC Ground Effects Package for a car, should take between two and three hours to install. A kit for a truck, should take between five and six hours to install because the truck will have more parts. If you have experience installing ground effect type products, two people should be able to install the typical Razzi by AAC package for a car in about an hour and a truck in under two hours.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:44 PM

Andy's autosport is who I ordered my headlights from. I finally had to cancel, as 3 months later they still had no clue when they would ship.

They said increased demand due to stimulus checks blah blah blah. Reduced availability due to covid blah blah blah.

I'll never order from them again.

Found some on eBay, they were delivered in a few days.

Maybe Andy's does better with body kits.

I don't think they've refunded me yet either.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:24 PM

Not so sure about Andy's. I'm actually in the same boat with them regarding a stubby antenna. Says it won't ship till October Same reasons you mentioned. Bunch of crap since I've ordered almost 3K in parts for my car through Amazon and carid.com and have received everything. The body kit was ordered through carid.com and after many delays I told them I was going to cancel. They somehow came through and got Razzi to finally respond to shipping inquiries and got the kit a week later. Razzi never responded to my emails dating over a month ago, none of their contact phone numbers are accurate. Their instructions are only half ass. Bunch of a**holes. I will never order from them or recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:35 AM
Administrator

And so as many have discovered, when it comes to installing the body kit, you are on your own.
Did your kit come with an install kit? Screws, rivets? Double sided tape?
Old 09-07-2021, 08:54 PM

I believe it did come with all install hardware. The guy painting it was the one that received it. The instructions are very clear on the fact the the front and rear cover install over the stock ones, but it doesn't say about the side skirts.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:23 AM
Administrator

All I can suggest is a trial fitting and then improvise from there. Using the bumpers covers as a guide, how to adhere or mount the side skirts. Frankly I can’t see how they would it over the existing running boards.

Are you OEM skirts like these?

Or the running boards, with the black tread like these?
Old 09-09-2021, 07:19 PM

They are like the black ones. I wish I had the ones that are actual running boards. Well, I'm meeting with my paint guy next week to go over paint samples and Ill just be giving him the original skirts to reinstall. I found a 20 pack on Amazon for $13 so no big deal.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:46 PM

A 20 pack of what?
Old 09-09-2021, 09:11 PM

OOPS sorry. A 20 pack of new clips to reinstall the OEM side skirts.

Quick Reply: Razzi Side Skirts HELP!