General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Re-painting 2006 HHR LT

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 07:14 PM

Hey All. So just met with my painter tonight and I have a price for $2,500 to re-paint the whole car. I think we are now going to paint it white with some pearl. We also got to the local salvage area and were able to get a few parts that we needed for the car. Found some running boards too:) We ended up getting 4 doors (as our doors have a lot more rust on them) with windows and handles; inner fender; rear hatch window; passenger 1/4 panel window; and running boards all for $600. So I'm looking at probably spending about $3,500 in my car as I also need to get some new wheels for it. I think that is pretty good for pricing. We have had our HHR now for almost 10 years and haven't done anything to the body. It was previously in an accident before we bought it so a lot of the windows in the car had a lot of scratches in them. Rear hatch window had a hand print in it also for some odd reason and a few other finger marks, not sure why. We are re-painting in April 2016 so I will definitely take some before and after shots. My husband just used a headlight restorer kit on one of my headlights tonight and what a difference. The passenger headlight was all yellowed and not very clear at all. After he did it, it was like a new headlight. Ended up getting him to do the other one too, lol. It doesn't look like I will accessorizing with any chrome as it is a little pricey to change everything over so going to keep the satin nickel trim for now. Will keep you updated on the progress!
Old 10-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Awesome keep us posted!!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:06 PM

Hi All. Just thought I would do a quick update. I'm getting really excited to see the transformation of my HHR coming in April. I'll definitely be doing some before and after pics on the site. Went to another salvage yard just about a week or so ago and was able to get a few more things for my HHR. I got a new front bumper for it as mine has a couple of cracks in it. This bumper has the cut outs for fog lights so it looks light I will be installing some fog lights next summer. Picked up some studded winter tires and passenger headlight. So I think now I'm going to replace the satin nickel on the car with chrome. I need to get some new wheels anyways so I might as well do it up. If anyone has any good websites to buy the chrome upgrades for Canada then send me the link. Also would be interested in seeing what you guys can come up with for some chrome wheels. Trying to be in the $800 - $900 CAD range if at all possible. Again thanks for all the input:)
Old 11-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Like these??

HHR Wheels | 09 series chrome HHR rally wheels | Wheel Vintiques®

Or these same rim but they ship to Canada

Wheel Vintiques 09 HHR Series Ralley Wheels 09R-6621105K - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing