General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Ready to buy gotta couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:07 PM

Ready to buy gotta couple of questions.

I have my financing ready and have found a 2007 that I want. I'm getting ready to call/email my local dealer this afternoon and see if he can get the car from the dealer where it is now.

My question is, other than not taking advantage of the 0% financing on the 2006's, is it totally stupid buying an Early 2007 over a 2006, assuming they can find me one.

Any input is welcome and thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM

If you're not getting the new black (ebony) leather option for your car I dont really see the point of getting an '07 over and '06. There's not a lot of changes between the '06 and the '07 to make me not want to take advantage of the 0% financing.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:59 PM

River, go to chevy.com and use the "build your own" configurator. Note that the LT1 wheels will change, slightly, later this year. I like the ones coming later.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 PM

I saw a Dark Silver Metallic 2007 HHR yesterday...and I couldn't see any visible difference between the 2, except the price and the engines have a couple more hp than the 2006. Although I paid cash for mine, If I was buying one now, I would take advantage of the $500 rebate, use the 0% financing (if you can do both) and take advantage of their year end close out prices. You'll have a much larger selection to pick from and be able to say you are a Proud Year One HHR Owner. With the money you saving doing the 0% financing, you'll be able to do more mods as well. Besides, like most of us, you might be changing at least the rims and possibly tires away from factory, so keep that money in your pocket instead of theirs. Just my humble opinion.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:25 PM

wolfee I'm gonna be changing the rims anyway, wanta pick our my own

HHR PNOY & courthousedeb, I took your advice, makes good sense. I was just caught up in wanting one now and didn't think They could find me one (a 2006), plus I decided to give up some of the options, one being the Pioneer speakers the other being the 17" wheels and some of the other things that come with a 2LT.

The sales guy found me one, a 1LT Sport red metalic with the 2.4 engine and bright chrome package and auto tranny. They can have it in by Saturday. I also opted for GM financing. The 0% is hard to pass up.

I guess I can upgrade my speakers later. Don't know much about it, but there is a good car stereo place in town. I'll get different rims anyway, and tint the windows and a new grill and and and.... I got the fever....

I know I said in an earlier post that I wanted something subtle as far as color goes. I think 20 years and 3 black cars just got to me. Evidently I needed some color in my life.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:50 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

As far as upgrading the stock speakers and head unit is concerned, dont worry about that too much. If you are good enough with wiring I suggest doing the job yourself instead of taking it to a shop to have it installed. A visit to ebay and you'll see some great deals. Check out the forums in here, especially the "how to" and the "audio/video" forums to read up about system upgrades. For about $290 you can get a nice head unit with four 6 1/2" speakers to replace your existing door speakers (thats the price I paid for mine). When you get a chance click on my banner below to see current upgrades for my car.

Last edited by HHR PNOY; 07-26-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM

Cool Riverwind...congrats on your new HHR. Now...you know that we expect you to take pictures right away and post them before you do anything else, right?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Cool Riverwind...congrats on your new HHR. Now...you know that we expect you to take pictures right away and post them before you do anything else, right?
Yea, I had read that somewhere on this forum... now where did I read that?

I go in tomorrow morning and put down the $500 to hold it. I want running boards/ mud flaps on it too so I'll have to take it back in soon. He also said he would set me up a good deal somewhere to get the tinting on the front two windows.

You can bet, IF I for sure do get it on Saturday, that if it's not raining I will take pics Sat or Sun. Nooooo problem.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Founding Member

No excuses, rain or no rain, we want pictures!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
No excuses, rain or no rain, we want pictures!

You go girl.

Quick Reply: Ready to buy gotta couple of questions.