General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rear Parking Asssit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Side air bags I think are or will be required soon.

I don't have an issue with some air bags but they are getting a little over the top with them too.

I see the now are looking at bags for the center console, and we aleady have them for the lower legs too.

In Europe they are now wanting them for pediestians where if you hit one a bag blows out of the rear of the hood and covers 90 percent of the wind screen.

I am all for safety to a point but like the enviroment and other goverment regulated things it gets too big and complicated.

As for air bags I have been felt the effects. I know they are for my own good but one went off on me in a crash I would have walked away from unscratched with cuts, bruises and burns. If I had more air bags it may have killed me! LOL!

We should keep a little elemnent of damger out there as if we make things too safe people will only do even more stupid thing feeling invincable.

Like I say survival of the fittest and thinning the heard. We already have a few too many " HEY WATCH THIS" kind of guys around on youtube already.

I am into and nature handles it . If you make it hurt most won't do it again and if they do try again they remove themselves from the gene pool. You have to love nature and how it works.

If you watch crash test videos, you'll see that side airbags are a big plus!!! I can agree with the leg airbags too, because I know it's common on certain cars for the occupants to break their legs, and I know the crash test videos for the Chevrolet Lumina scare me when they show the dummy's legs!!!

But I agree with you to an extent...protecting pedestrians? They shouldn't be in the way!!!!