General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Red GM color choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Love that NJ. red rocket, brighter is always better!!

K & C, yours looks like the metallic victory red, like candy apple. but would you consider it maroon?

So are there 3 color choices or not?......is the Crystal red metallic tintcoat the same maroon color i'm seeing.

Can't afford an SS, i'm only looking to spend around 10k and it must be an 09 or 10.

I like the SS mechanical upgrades but the body affects ruins the classic retro HHR style....maybe i'll be ready for an SS on the second go-round!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM

JX3......I like that blue color too. I'd do that!......prolly gonna end up down your way buying, since most dealers over here on the west coast think they are selling gold!!

Almost bought an 09 panel from a guy in Miami last week, but I think it was a scam or something was seriously wrong with it. Was also thinking about that red 09 on craigslist for 9,395 but it's a rebuilt title.....might offer him $8k....maybe

Are you familiar with miami craigslist?......or know anything I should be aware of?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 PM

Crazy kid, thanks.......sorry but i'll never see your old boss, the mall just aint my thing dude. Gimme a fishpole, a garden spade or a torque wrench anyday!!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Phatbob, yeah the cardinal red is definitely maroon. I need to see your color in person, tomorrow i'll visit the local joke dealer and look at their Chevy line. Pictures are getting me nowhere, my head's getting foggy, think I even just wanted a blue one?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:36 PM

Aye dunno about that Canadian theory, i've seen 08' & 09 models using the crystal tintcoat metallic name. Not saying they are correct, i'm talking about car dealers after all.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 PM

The color depends on lighting and camera quality. We named her Ruby cause with actual eye she looks of Ruby Wine. Mixed with the black on car when I detail her, shes a looker
Old 09-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

It also depends on the year, Cardinal Red metallic (imo Beautiful color) was only available for a couple yrs I believe..

Here's a members 2008 Cardinal Red Panel: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/members/ratatude-8472/
Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM

K&C is exactly right, it depends on the lighting. Crystal red metallic looks much better in the daylight, and even better when it's CLEAN. Maybe when the metallic sparkles it makes the color seem lighter? Not sure. But on a sunny day, with a clean car, my color is killer and wows me every time. If I didn't think they'd throw a straight-jacket on me, I would put a chair on the driveway and sit and stare at it all day.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Crystal Red Metallic is like Blue Flash Metallic... most pictures don't do it justice...

Personally.. I love the color of mine, but if Crystal red was available in '09 it would of been my top choice.

I saw Crystal red on an SS at the dealership I go to when it first came out, and I fell in love....

Please don't tell my baby
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 PM

The jury is in, and the verdict is Victory Red!...LUV IT, LUV IT, LUV IT.

2010 1LT in Da Houzzz 10/6/10

First mod all done, replaced cheezy plastic kazoo horn with loud OOGA horn.....tit job, only took 1/2 hour once I found where they tucked it, those tricky devils!

Just one tiny fender bolt and a few tugs on those 2 black fasteners and its easy access!!

The original horn bracket worked fine after a little tweak with pliers. Cut & strip the 2 harness wires, attach 2 slide-on connectors and bolt the horn onto the bracket. Then test it and button her up!

Sounds awesome....my 5 dollar mod...yardsale buy, brand new never installed, Sweeeet!!

Quick Reply: Red GM color choices