General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Replace side blinkers from orange to clear

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Smile Replace side blinkers from orange to clear

I own a 2009 HHR Panel and would like to replace the Orange front blinkers to a clear color.

I've done this on my previous BMW, I'm not sure if by ordering the chrome light bulbs, it would do the trick.

Is it possible there's an orange inner cover that's part of the front light assembly.

thanks for your help
Old 11-01-2009, 05:34 PM

I saw them on ebay for $15

type hhr side clear marker
Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 PM

i think he is asking about IN the headlight, not the side markers.

on the standard headlights there is a yellow lens inside of the headlight assembly. So switching to just a chrome bulb won't do it. You can get the fall edition headlights, which have black chrome inside of them (so they look a bit darker) and they are missing that yellow lens. Or you could disassemble the lights an remove it, but that is a lot of work, but some have done it.

I have thought about trying to break it with the headlight still assembled and get it out, but that could go very wrong very quick, and i need my headlights...

If by any chance you are talking about the actual side markers, you can get clear and smoke on ebay. However, after shipping they run over $30 for the front set. As far as I know they don't make them for the rear either.

I took window tiny and wrapped my marker lenses. It had held up for a couple of months now. Looks great too. My wife even commented on it after she saw another hhr, usually she thinks i am crazy when I do little things to the car like that.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 AM

Thanks, [I] was actualy talking about the standard headlights there is a yellow lens inside of the headlight assembly.
That is what I was thinking, there is a orange lens from within, so just adding a chrome bulb will not do the trick.

I will leave things as is for now.

Thanks