General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

restoring xm to my 1LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM

restoring xm to my 1LT

Well I went down to Bestbuy I found a adapter that fits the GM stock radio with the cat button. it is part number

Compare
$69.99

Free Shipping
Get 4% back in Rewards: See How

SiriusXM - Connect Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner
Model: SXV100V1 SKU: 2147146
From our expanded online assortment; compatible with SiriusXM Satellite Radio-ready car stereo receivers
Customer Reviews
you can either attach the little ant. on the roof but the way folks are doing it is put the ant. on the dash with a piece of velcro.plugs into the back of the gm radio.
They also sell a xm onyx hu that plugs into the front of radio but I want to keep it clean.
As far as the onstar thing goes I am kinda screwed with that cause even with the fmv version it does not work thru the steering wheel controls
So xm may well be the next project
Old 03-31-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by kb0sdq
Well I went down to Bestbuy I found a adapter that fits the GM stock radio with the cat button. it is part number

Compare
$69.99

Free Shipping
Get 4% back in Rewards: See How

SiriusXM - Connect Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner
Model: SXV100V1 SKU: 2147146
From our expanded online assortment; compatible with SiriusXM Satellite Radio-ready car stereo receivers
Customer Reviews
you can either attach the little ant. on the roof but the way folks are doing it is put the ant. on the dash with a piece of velcro.plugs into the back of the gm radio.
They also sell a xm onyx hu that plugs into the front of radio but I want to keep it clean.
As far as the onstar thing goes I am kinda screwed with that cause even with the fmv version it does not work thru the steering wheel controls
So xm may well be the next project
If I am reading what you want to do correctly I have this a question for you. Didn't your HHR come with XM when it was new? If so all you have to do is have it turned back on. They send me ads all the time to renew ...6 months for 24.99. I don't know if you bought your HHR new, if you did just renew the subcription, but if you bought it used you can still renew the XM into your name and you don't need any special attachments or seperate tuner. Either way all you need is your radio number and you can find that on the XM preview station "XM0". Just go to XM on the Band Select button on your radio and the XM preview station XM1 comes up then try to tune a different station and XM0 will come up and that gives you your radio(reciever) number.