General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Road Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Road Noise!

Test drove a HHR yesterday,lots of road noise.Figured when they get some 2007's I'll buy one but get it undercoated before I drive it off.Anyone know what the dealerships charge for undercoating? Does it look like it's any good?Or should I do it myself or maybe go to Ziebart?
Old 09-17-2006, 06:06 PM

It's all a matter of opinion on undercoating. Some like it, some don't...it's a matter of personal preference. My boyfriend used to work at a Ford dealer in their detail shop and it was $189 and was included as part of what they called their ProPack, but that was several years ago. I'm sure you'll get varying opinions on whether to purchase it or not.

Not sure what road noise you are speaking of. I've had my HHR since January and have never had any problem. If all else fails...turn up the radio volume. Just kidding.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by zxkeller@yahoo.com
Test drove a HHR yesterday,lots of road noise.Figured when they get some 2007's I'll buy one but get it undercoated before I drive it off.Anyone know what the dealerships charge for undercoating? Does it look like it's any good?Or should I do it myself or maybe go to Ziebart?
What did you drive before if you feel the HHR has road noise? I have owned some 11 cars and this is by far one of the quietest.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:15 PM

What every you do please think about this Undercoating and Sound Proof is not the same. Undercoat will not make the sound go away.
The Z-Bart copmany should also tell you the same thing I dont think you need Rust proofing but you need not to hear any sounds from under the vehicle. Z-Bart does not do that. if they say it will do the Job them ask to see that in Black White before you say yes.

Good luck

Z
Old 09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Banned

Z-Man is right. Ziebart offers both undercoating and underbody sound barrier packages. They are different and I have them both.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:27 PM

What do they charge for soundproofing? I'd sure like it quiet.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

I'm not 100% sure but probably not much. If I remember correctly I paid $600 for a complete package of diamond gloss paint seal, undercoating, underbody sound barrier, inner-guard interior protection, rust proofing, and whatever they call their rain-x like glass treatment.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I'm not 100% sure but probably not much. If I remember correctly I paid $600 for a complete package of diamond gloss paint seal, undercoating, underbody sound barrier, inner-guard interior protection, rust proofing, and whatever they call their rain-x like glass treatment.
Did you notice a difference?
Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 PM

Six hundred sounds like a lot but not if it did the job.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1stHHR
Did you notice a difference?
The only time I drove my HHR without the sound barrier was durring my test drive so I really can't compair. My HHR went from the dealership to Ziebart and back before I picked it up. I didn't think the HHR was that loud to begin with because of the quite steel firewall and all the sound deadening material GM uses making the HHR. I get the entire Ziebart package on all vehicles I own just for added protection, an extra feeling of security, and the extra warranty they give you.

Quick Reply: Road Noise!