General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Road Trip

In the morning, I'll be heading to Colorado for a vacation/family visit. After quite a bit of deliberation, I've decided that the HHR will be the chosen vehicle for the trip. Upon my return, I will have a full synopsis of the trip, and how well the car performed.

Much of the reson for the indecision rotates around having to bring two large items home, plus the usual overload of "stuff" that the folks always like to load me up with when I visit them. I'm looking forward to giving the car it's first official long distance drive. It's gonna be fun doing this trip in a retro-mobile.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Where about in Colorado are you going? I just got back on a mini road trip from NE Texas to El Paso in my HHR
Old 08-10-2009, 06:24 PM

I'll be headed to the Denver area. We will be doing alot of little day trips, but those will be in one of their vehicles.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM

I like the Denver area, flew there a few year back for business. You'll love the trip and the gas mileage you get!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM

Try the Rail Tour in Caņon City
http://www.coloradoadventure.net/att...-colorado.html

It was a nice distraction from all the driving I did (Mass to Denver to Grand Canyon & back)

Here's my post with a couple of pix near there.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...9&postcount=13

Edit - My avatar picture is up a mountain road near Estes Park in The Rocky Mountain National Park - another nice trip, driving through Golden back down to Denver is one of the prettiest long stretches of road I know
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM

Great trip you got planned. On August 19, I'm off on a little road trip from Central California to Blythe, CA, then to Livingston, TX, then to Oklahoma, then to Panama City, Florida, then back to Central California. Think I'll be gone for about 5 weeks. Be taking the HHR and was going to pull a small camping trailer, but have now decided to Motel-6 it. 5000 - 6000 miles would be a nice little road trip, I believe.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by UncleDannie
Great trip you got planned. On August 19, I'm off on a little road trip from Central California to Blythe, CA, then to Livingston, TX, then to Oklahoma, then to Panama City, Florida, then back to Central California. Think I'll be gone for about 5 weeks. Be taking the HHR and was going to pull a small camping trailer, but have now decided to Motel-6 it. 5000 - 6000 miles would be a nice little road trip, I believe.
If you make it through the DFW area, you should give us a shout out. It would be cool to set up a meeting if possible (crazy schedule).
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mowgli
Try the Rail Tour in Caņon City
http://www.coloradoadventure.net/att...-colorado.html

It was a nice distraction from all the driving I did (Mass to Denver to Grand Canyon & back)

Here's my post with a couple of pix near there.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...9&postcount=13

Edit - My avatar picture is up a mountain road near Estes Park in The Rocky Mountain National Park - another nice trip, driving through Golden back down to Denver is one of the prettiest long stretches of road I know
The rail tour ought to be interesting. I'll latch on to that one for a possibility.

One thing that is locked down is a 4x4 trip in the mountains with my Brother. He bought my old Jeep Cherokee last year, and has been having a blast with it. I've packed my DSLR camera as well as a video camera, and hope to have some awesome footage.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM

Been to Denver twice this year and fell in love!! With the area that is. I did get my tattoo while I was there as well!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 PM

Yo, Wolfman, will do. I'll be in Weatherford for a couple of days, I give ya a hollor. As they say in Hollywood, "Let's do lunch". BTW, anyone else wants to meet up on the trip? Let me know.

Quick Reply: Road Trip