General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
...Almost do not even feel like I belong here anymore cause I got no car to talk about
Man, don't even talk that way! You are and will always be a big part of the family here!

So...let's just change your sig line to:

Christmas list: a new '07 HHR!

Hang in there!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 PM

Ditto the "That Sucks" comments.

I'm glad you are doing fine ecxcept for your spirits
Thanks for at least coming here and letting us know. I don't think I would even do that. I'd just sulk
Stay healthy. The car can be repaired.

Hey, you have a lot of miles on it, so you mentioned the gap insurance?
This was the first car I remember the dealer trying to sell us the gap insurance on. It seems like a good idea if one puts a lot of mile on the car.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:23 PM

Dam Dbarb that sux And those pics you took were awesome and that had to happened. I'm guessing the the Ins will repair it unless there is frame damage. That's when labor starts adding up and they draw the line. Anyway, just in case, Arizona has some great photo ops for your 07 HHR!

Ng
Old 08-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

Damn Dwayne...just saw this post. Really sorry to hear about this...and I'm really glad you appear to be O'k....Was Gina with you...the kids...are they O'k, as well???

Let me know if I can help you with anything...I'm just up the road!!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:37 AM

I feel you pain.............Glad you are OK. The 07 are out, lots to look forward to.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
I'm guessing the the Ins will repair it unless there is frame damage...Ng
Frame damage? There's no frame - where you been?

Old 08-20-2006, 09:10 AM

So sorry to hear about what happened to your HHR. Keep your chin and spirits up. And don't worry about not having an HHR at the moment...that will be rectified and you'll be back in the saddle before you know it. Heck...we've got people here that don't have one...so don't worry...your is just indisposed at the moment. You are part of the family here an we love ya...so stick around...it wouldn't be the same place without you.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:16 AM

Glad to know that all involved were not injured... keep your spirits up..!! I hate to say it like this, knowing that we all love the HHR so much, but it's still just a car...!! You can replace it..!!

On the other hand... Did you give the little biotch a piece of your mind..??
Old 08-20-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Frame damage? There's no frame - where you been?

Frame/structural if they have to pull the unibody "frame" to get the vehicle straight again

Father-in-law owns a bodyshop and I've seen many salvaged vehicles come by that the Ins company just doesn't want to pay the labor for straightening the frame/unibody/whatever even though the vehicle doesn't look too bad

Hang out one day at the Otay Salvage yards and you'll see what I mean...

Ng
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 AM

First day without my HHR lets see if I keep from going crazy After sleeping on things, started to think these are some tough little cars we have here. Everything seems to be real solid. The only thing that fell off the car was the black piece on the bumper. Headlights and everything staying in place. Only driver airbag went off, so everything worked like it was made to work. I tip my hat to chevy for making a small car that holds up like a tank.

Dan-d The girl that I ran into seemed to be ok looked like the gas that is in the airbags got her arm real good, but other than that she seemed to be ok.

Socal your right I will have to change my sig to :wanted any hhr

Harpozep The gap insurance will come in play if it is totaled. The wife is the one who wanted to get it I told them no, so good thing they listen to her and not me. I have almost 13000 on it since Feb.

Snoopy I was alone in the car so everyone else was fine. And thanks for your offer.

El Guapo I did not really give her to much of my mind. Did call her a few choice words a few times, but all that kept going thru my mind was I just clean and waxed it now look at it.