General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 06:11 PM

I'm going to guess around 6 to 7 grand worth of damage. Find out some refrences for a good shop . You do not have to listen to you insurance company as to where to take it. If they tell you you have to take it somewhere remind them that it is illegal and called steering. The reason the ins company will sugest a shop is if they have a direct repair shop that cut the prices for them.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Just clicked on here and read about your accident. I swear, what a Bummer! I can understand your feeling a bit down in the dumps , but a least you're OK Seems no matter how careful you are out on the road you never know when you'll come across someone else driving around with their head up their butt!! Hope everything works out well for you
Old 08-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by tomdent1
I'm going to guess around 6 to 7 grand worth of damage. Find out some refrences for a good shop . You do not have to listen to you insurance company as to where to take it. If they tell you you have to take it somewhere remind them that it is illegal and called steering. The reason the ins company will sugest a shop is if they have a direct repair shop that cut the prices for them.
I think with the way the front end looks I will take it back to the dealer I bought it from.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I think with the way the front end looks I will take it back to the dealer I bought it from.
Personally I think that is a good call for an essentially brand new vehicle.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Personally I think that is a good call for an essentially brand new vehicle.
Sometimes it can be IF the dealership body shop is worth a da><. lol In the area I live in we have 2 Chevy dealers owned by 2 different dealer groups. One body shop is top notch . One is known as the worst shop in town. Do your self afavor and check around. We have a couple independent shops around that are the best. Most areas are like this. Just because the shop is at the dealer really doesn't mean anything. Don't accept aftermarket parts. Tell the body shop and the adjuster. What insurance company is paying?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:58 PM

So sorry to hear about your accident. The important thing is that you are alright. I know what you're going through, the same thing happened to me in my last car, which is what gave me the opportunity to get an HHR in the first place. My accident looked a little more severe though; my Saturn ION only had 8812 miles on it, and it was totalled. Same type of accident too; I T-boned someone who had pulled out infront of me. This was before they had a passanger-sensing airbag, so both deployed even though I was the only one in the car at the time. It's been just over 8 months and I'm still in pain. It's hard to judge if your's may be totalled or not; like someone else had mentioned on here, airbags are very clostly to replace. Keep us posted on what develops. Everything happens for a reason.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:26 AM

The driving age needs to be moved up to 21
Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by PerryHallHHR
So sorry to hear about your accident. The important thing is that you are alright. I know what you're going through, the same thing happened to me in my last car, which is what gave me the opportunity to get an HHR in the first place. My accident looked a little more severe though; my Saturn ION only had 8812 miles on it, and it was totalled. Same type of accident too; I T-boned someone who had pulled out infront of me. This was before they had a passanger-sensing airbag, so both deployed even though I was the only one in the car at the time. It's been just over 8 months and I'm still in pain. It's hard to judge if your's may be totalled or not; like someone else had mentioned on here, airbags are very clostly to replace. Keep us posted on what develops. Everything happens for a reason.
The airbags are what total out my buddies sisters civic. The are about $1500.00 a piece give or take.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
The driving age needs to be moved up to 21
Raising the age requirement, won`t stop ( that`s why their called ) accidents. Had a 50 - 60 something year old grandmother stop halfway through a turn, to let her granddaughter out to catch a bus. When the smoke cleared, the Bus was gone, the granddaughter was on the ground, and grandma thought she had stopped in a safe spot...
Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 AM

That is crazy. Here in Oregon if you drive a SUV it somehow gives you the "right" drive faster in the rain than when it is sunny. I cannot tell you how many time I have seen Ford Expeditions spin out and hit someone becuase they lost traction in the rain. Just because it is a 4x4 does not mean you can drive it like a maniac.