General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GhstRider
That is crazy. Here in Oregon if you drive a SUV it somehow gives you the "right" drive faster in the rain than when it is sunny. I cannot tell you how many time I have seen Ford Expeditions spin out and hit someone becuase they lost traction in the rain. Just because it is a 4x4 does not mean you can drive it like a maniac.
Hey, you got me thinking.....

Just returned from a 6000+ mile trip across the U.S., and used Interstate highways for the great majority of mileage.

All the occupants in my vehicle remarked about the "speeders" who were really exceeding the speed limit. Seems, in most cases, they fell into 2 classes.....the big "gas guzzling" trucks/SUV's and, don't get mad....California plated vehicles.

Not trying to hi-jack this tread !!!

You would think, vehicles that get 16-18 highway MPG would not do 10-20 MPH over the limit and try to conserve ($) a little. California drivers just always drive fast, in my experience..
Old 08-21-2006, 12:54 PM

I`d lived in Calif. (16 Yrs. ),and life in the fast lane pretty much sums it up, but I think you have to realize that if I can afford to have a Gas-Guzzler, and put gas in it, and can drive safely over an arbitrary speed limit, that what I`m (as an American ) going to do.
Going across the country at 65mph is like watching grass grow. There really is no reason, except for the american mentality, that someone may get hurt, to not have a lane for you to go as fast as you want or can afford, and if you don`t want to go as fast as the guy behind you, stay out of this lane...
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 PM

But, you know somebody is going to get in that lane and go 50 mph!!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I think with the way the front end looks I will take it back to the dealer I bought it from.
That's what I did with another car I had (98 Cavalier). It wasn't in an accident, but it was broken into. The thiefs caused $1500 damage stealing a $250 radio.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
But, you know somebody is going to get in that lane and go 50 mph!!
I believe that`s what I meant , So when we`re discussing adding power to the Rides, Why? Put a govenor on every veh. for 65mph, Corvettes too...
Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 PM

I still want 0-65mph in 2.8 seconds though!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:10 PM

What we really need is a Tea Party, Americans have become a bunch of lemmings, If the speed was posted at 25 mph on the freeways, that`s what people would do ,scared out of their wits every time they saw a cop. And would actually slow down...
You ever see a pic of an evacuation, people standing outside their cars , waiting in traffic, and the other side of the road is empty...
Need I say more.?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 PM

Not sure how this topic got started talking about speed, but if it was because people thought speed caused this crash, they are wrong. Well 98% wrong. I was going around 40 in a 35, and she turned left with me and others , comming that way. Even if I was going 35 it still would have happend.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:59 PM

Nah, people just started talking about wreckless SUV drivers and it snowballed from there.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey, you got me thinking.....

Just returned from a 6000+ mile trip across the U.S., and used Interstate highways for the great majority of mileage.

All the occupants in my vehicle remarked about the "speeders" who were really exceeding the speed limit. Seems, in most cases, they fell into 2 classes.....the big "gas guzzling" trucks/SUV's and, don't get mad....California plated vehicles.

Not trying to hi-jack this tread !!!

You would think, vehicles that get 16-18 highway MPG would not do 10-20 MPH over the limit and try to conserve ($) a little. California drivers just always drive fast, in my experience..
The funny thing is that I am from California... Oregonians just can't drive worth Sh$t