General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sale on HHR Towing Hitches

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:09 AM

U-Haul gets lost tomorrow. Wouldn't do any good to paint the hitch white, I fear it would just make it more noticeable. I have a 33' Pace Arrow Motorhome and the rear has a wide mudflap that attaches to the frame. I was thinking that a small rubber flap attached to the rear would hide the actual hitch. Got to do more thinking on that subject.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 AM

that is exactly what i am thinking. Kind of like the same idea as the small plastic/rubber piece under the front bumper. I've been working on some ideas for it for awhile but it seems like I am gone every weekend right now, no time for the hhr (although it might get a wash today).

the only part i haven't figured it out and will have to do it on the fly is what to do when i get near the exhaust. I want it to go all the way across the back, so it looks uniform, but if it is plastic of rubber and near the exhaust it will probably melt. I have noticed my bike rack and the tire are pretty warm while driving and they are about a foot away from the exhaust (gotta figure out a deflector for that too, don't want the tire hot all the time).

Either that or my brother in law welds, so i might get a pice that would fit into the hitch and then have him weld a long cover to the front of it, covering the entire back of the car and making it blend in more, then i can just pop it in and out whenever i need the hitch. I'll post what works when i get it done.