General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

saying bye bye to the hhr

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
HHR or not, you need not be a stranger around here.
Good luck to what the future might hold for you.
Heck yeah ill still come around here. I love theses forums. Everyone Is so nice
I'm surprised no one has really said anything about my name on here lol
That's what makes this place awesome
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
Heck yeah ill still come around here. I love theses forums. Everyone Is so nice
I'm surprised no one has really said anything about my name on here lol
That's what makes this place awesome
I considered it once, but who am I to criticise others choices? It gives me a chuckle now, when I see it

Sorry for your headache, and I hope it works out for you in whichever direction you take in this fork in the road.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM

Whoa! Hold the phone!

Sorry about the divorce dude & no disrespect but I think your mind is getting a little clouded with all that is going on over there. Your not thinking right & that's understandable given the stressfull situation.
Here's what I'm seeing looking from the outside in:
HHR: Obvious choice. Great car with style, performance, utility, cool forums to hang with, etc.
Ford Ranger?? What do we have here? A little dime a dozen pick-up truck. Are you kidding me? I wouldn't let my ex have one, let alone buy one for myself!
Am I missing something here. If you get a divorce, you have to buy a crappy vehicle? Why can't you buy another HHR? What's up with that one?
Take a deep breath. Step away from the little truck & go get an HHR. Maybe you should get an SS model to get your mind fully right!
If we dont hear from you again, Good luck GF, HHR_style
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM

I am sorry to hear about your divorce. I can relate, as having broken up with my gf over the holidays. Take time for yourself above anything else, you are going to need it and will be happy you took it.

Too bad she gets the hhr. I would never give mine up
Old 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM

well the whole reason im letting her take is , cuz shes in the navy, has a paycheck no matter what

i wouldnt be able to handle a payment by myself. id love to have an ss. but cant afford it.
it was rather hard getting the hhr as it is now. my payment is a little high cuz of my credit.

but rangers are my second love or third lol idk why but i just love the truck so much

yeah ive thought that i might be looking at this a little weird. but hey you never know
she might snap out of this once shes out of her schooling in about 2 weeks

or im not seeing something but thats not the point

i love the hhr , and im sad to see it go... or unless she snaps out of this stuff, then ill see it still :) but i feel thats about a 10 percent chance of that. maybe 20%

but heres the ranger again

Name:  IMG00306.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  48.3 KB
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

I hope things work out for you, like you would want..

You do know a ranger is a ford right ? (just kidding) If you like em go for it..
I'm an old Chevy S-10 dude, prior to my HHR Panel...
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
I hope things work out for you, like you would want..

You do know a ranger is a ford right ? (just kidding) If you like em go for it..
I'm an old Chevy S-10 dude, prior to my HHR Panel...
i love s10's also. but sad thing is i can never find any good ones in my area that arent beat to hell.and cost alot. like 3k for a truck that has 200k on it. why would anyone ask that much?

rangers always go for cheap. and have less miles. and waaaaaay more parts available
Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
i love s10's also. but sad thing is i can never find any good ones in my area that arent beat to hell.and cost alot. like 3k for a truck that has 200k on it. why would anyone ask that much?

rangers always go for cheap. and have less miles. and waaaaaay more parts available
The reason someone asks $3K for a 200k S-10 is that they keep on, keeping on.. & hold value because of that.. I paid just over $8k back in 1997 for my former 1998 base S-10, & in late 09 (approx 11 yrs later) got almost $6K for it..

why do you think rangers are always priced so cheep ? I rest my case..

waaaay more parts available ?? I would disagree.. So many aftermarket sources for S-10, it's much more of a popular vehicle to have & do whatever to or with.. ..
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 AM

LMAO @ Sleeper: "You do know a ranger is a ford right ?"

That Ranger actually looks pretty good dude. Ur on the right track I guess. Good Luck man!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM

I still have my '93 Ranger 4x4. 200k + miles and still runs like new. Of course it has issues, but it's still good for hauling crap and boat launching.