General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The search for Gomez is over!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:19 AM

Talking The search for Gomez is over!

Hi all,

Just wanted to update everyone and tell you my search was ended happily on Tuesday night.

After learning that the 2006 HHR that had only 17K miles on it and listed at 13,133 was gone, I was very depressed and upset. It snowed so badly on Tuesday and my hubby and I had rented a car to go see the black beauty.

After wk that night, I came home and thought about if I was going to still pursue the HHR or not. My hubby said the HHR was nice but no longer worth the trouble. I told him it was and he went to sit at the computer.

While I was eating, he logged in to his jobs website, who offers GM supplier discounts on new HHR's. He built a new one from there and learned that he would get about 500 off a new one so he printed the auth code. Once that was done I searched for brand new ones in the Chi area, in black w/ebony cloth.

I found several new ones around the area but we decided we'd just go see about one at O'connor Chevy in Alsip, Illinois. They listed theirs at about 16.3K with his discount and since we had the check for 15K we thought that maybe we could swing a deal.

After driving about 10 miles an hour in the snow, we got to the dealer. We met a very nice sales lady named Janet who was waiting for us. Mind you this is 7:30pm at night, the dealer closes at 9pm.

We told her which one, she had 3 in stock. We test drove it and of course I fell in love with it. I presented the check and told her we had no money down, could we maybe strike a deal to perhaps pay the balance when our income tax returned, she said i'll see.

When she came back, she presented us with a price with tax, title, etc for about 18.1K. I told her we'd have to sleep on it and I was all set to leave.
She brought back her mgr and he says, let us try to get you financed Mrs. Lira, we have 20 lenders and maybe we can do something to help. Let us try.

By this time it was about 9:30pm, 30 mins after closing. All the other sales people had gone home. I was hesitant about them running our credit again, but I let them talk me into it. I just knew that they would come back with a no go and we'll see you later.

Well that wasn't the case. They were able to finance me with no money down. The interest rate is slightly higher but I took it because I wouldn't have to use our income tax to pay for it.

So we signed the papers and that's it!!! We bought Gomez officially at about 10:30pm CST. A 2007. w/ remote start, 6 miles on it, brand new 5yr warranty and 3 yr bumper warranty as well. I am absolutely estatic.

We've already put about 80 miles on him already and he starts with no problem and seems in excellent condition. Im so glad that we waited to buy a new one, ironically right b4 the Chicago Auto Show which starts on Friday.

So there is my story Gomez is now part of the Lira family!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:09 AM

Smile

Welcome to the clan of HHR owners !!!!!!!!! Here's wishing you years of happy motoring and lots of joy for the whole Lira family !!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:12 AM

Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now for sure Welcome and enjoy the ride.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 AM
jx3

CONGRATS !!

Nice to know that there are some sales people who will go out of their way (stay late) to help.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 AM

Looks like we`re gonna have to hook up, when the weather breaks...
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 AM

Name:  congratsbigsmile-1.gif
Views: 28
Size:  10.6 KB on the HHR. Does Gomez have running boards? If not you most definately want to get some to save your paint.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:23 AM

Another black HHR in the group.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Glad to hear everything worked out!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, baby!!

Congrats, I hope you love yours as much as I've loved mine over the last year and 24,000 miles!

BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about the credit check. When the credit reporting agencies see that you've been applying for car loans within a three to four week period they won't knock your credit score until you actually sign the note. I used to have to constantly tell people that when I was selling cars, too.

My personal record when I was selling iron was 12:10 AM and the lot closed at 9:00 PM. The couple couldn't decide between a Malibu Maxx and the HHR, so they bought them both!!

Quick Reply: The search for Gomez is over!