General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Seat belt warning chime disable

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM

go to the junkyard and buy a seatbelt end and leave it in the buckle at all times.....and then hope you dont ever get into an accident.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. I rarely hear mine. But then again, I almost always am wearing my seatbelt. BTW, no one rides with me without wearing a seatbelt, if their life is in my hands, they'd better buckle up if they know what's good for them!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:47 PM

It go's off after about 10 beebs then comes on again in about a mile then stays off. just put the belt on and you won't here it at all. Life must be soooo hard that you can't stand the chime for 15sec.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM

How about buckling the belt behind you. -Buckle it before you get in.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 PM

I wear mine soley because i dont like hearing the chime. Been in a couple of wrecks (2 of them were flips, no belts) and no problems. My little brother was in a 30mph collision, snapped his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder (wearing a seatbelt). I understand the better safe than sorry mentality, but i believe that, much like the helmet when i ride, it should be a choice not a law. Ever notice that most cops don't wear one?
What really sucks is when i go to a wreck scene and know that if the person hadnt been wearing a belt, that wouldnt have sustained some of the injuries or died. Rollover with a pickup, if the person hadnt been wearing, they would have been shoved to the right as the truck rolled. Painful? yes, but not fatal. Instead the spool locked on the seatbelt and held them semi-firmly in place, long enough for the roof to come down and crush their skull. Broken hips, shattered pelvises, the list goes on.
Of course then you have the wonderful airbag. Car pulls out in front of you, you lock your arms (everyone does its reflex) and hit the brakes. Airbag goes off and depending on your position and size, breaks both your wrists and thumbs.
The problem with seatbelts is that they are one size fits all, i understand mass production and all that, but one cannot expect a safety device that is based on an adult male frame of 5'8" & 150lbs, to be the utmost in safety for all people.

You may now begin flaming me...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM

RIGHT ON
Old 06-01-2007, 11:13 PM

I wonder how may people that pass judgement on others would ask the simple question........ is there a good reason that you might need to drive without the seat belt fastened???
I am a US Mail carrier and need to drive sitting in the middle of the car. I bought the HHR for the reason it did not have a console in between the seats. I only hope it lasts as well as the past three Toyota RAV4's I have used. 288,000 miles on one and the one I traded in on the HHR had 254,000 miles.
I am exempt from wearing the seat belt while delivering mail on my route. Other than that I always were it, I don't want a ticket!
But I have noticed after about 5 miles it stops dinging and the light stops flashing..... But it would be nice to just unplug it or something! BUT- no one here will help you with that - too bad -- the RAV4 forum was more helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 PM
jx3

Sorry to hear of your satisfaction about not finding any help here.
Originally Posted by sjssk
go to the junkyard and buy a seatbelt end and leave it in the buckle at all times
Or you could maybe get a pet restraint that gets inserted into the seatbelt.

Also, please note that the RAV4 has several years on the HHR.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 AM

I have only put 6,000 miles on it this past month so I can't really say that the HHR is or is not going to match the dependability of the RAV4. But so far I like it and have gotten used to the difference in handling. One thing I was worried about was turning radius. It will turn in the same foot print of the shorter RAV4.
230 miles a day, 5-6 days a week......... more leg room and better seats.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:17 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 487
Size:  5.6 KB to the site Stelly. I had a Rav4 too. I miss it. I called it my tonka toy!!!
Name:  Picture006.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  18.4 KB

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning chime disable