General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

SEMA: Nissan Clones the HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Markiemark
Here is a dodge Panel Concept, found on the net:

Later,
Mark
Closer then the Nissan, but those fenders have got to go! Looks like the engineers couldn't decide if they wanted to rip off an HHR or a xB, so the compromised.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:11 AM

These aren't HHR clones they are "clowns"!!! Well Chevy knows now just how successsful the HHR has been because in the car world imitation is the highest form of flattery...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

If that panel Nitro comes out I might have to trade the HHR. Hell to tell you the truth I've been looking into the Nitro lately. It's not an HHR clone but a true cross over utility vehicle. The HHR isn't even in the same league. The only thing the HHR has the Nitro beat on is the exterior appearance and even that can be debated. Do a little research on the Nitro and you'll see what I mean. Can you get a 4 wheel drive HHR? Does the HHR have a standard V6? Can you tow up to 5000 pounds with the HHR? The Nitro is also in a different price category. It cost much more than the HHR. They start at just under $20,000 and the top of the line R/T with every option is just over $33,000.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:56 AM

The nissan looks like a custom modded Armada
Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
The nissan looks like a custom modded Armada
I'm pretty sure you're right.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
If that panel Nitro comes out I might have to trade the HHR. Hell to tell you the truth I've been looking into the Nitro lately. It's not an HHR clone but a true cross over utility vehicle. The HHR isn't even in the same league. The only thing the HHR has the Nitro beat on is the exterior appearance and even that can be debated. Do a little research on the Nitro and you'll see what I mean. Can you get a 4 wheel drive HHR? Does the HHR have a standard V6? Can you tow up to 5000 pounds with the HHR? The Nitro is also in a different price category. It cost much more than the HHR. They start at just under $20,000 and the top of the line R/T with every option is just over $33,000.
Im not wild about the Nitro. Im sure its a very capable vehicle but its not my cup of tea.
No soul. Its so much more expensive than the HHR that it's not in the same category.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
Its so much more expensive than the HHR that it's not in the same category.
Yup. Our Dodge competition is the Caliber.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 PM

I tried to find some more pics of that Nissan concept but couldn't.
I would like to see what the front end looks like.
As far as it being competition for the HHR? Sort of, it's a small utility wagon but again, this car has no heritage and no soul like the HHR.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

Soul? What do you mean buy it has no soul? I don't think humans have souls so vehicles definitely don't have souls. As far as the whole heritage thing. How much heritage can a vehicle on its second year have? Chevy says the exterior is based off a '49 Suburban which I see of course but that doesn't mean it shares the Suburban's heritage. I can see you saying it has heritage if it has been around for many years like a Corvette or Mustang but right now our car has about as much heritage as any new vehicle on the market including the Nitro and Caliber.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Soul? What do you mean buy it has no soul? I don't think humans have souls so vehicles definitely don't have souls.
Christine will hunt you down for that comment.

I'll state that verses any religious statements.

Quick Reply: SEMA: Nissan Clones the HHR?