General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sgt.Pepper's s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Nope, you're supposed to filter it, THEN drink it!!
Q: Is it true that you can get high by drinking the water out of a water pipe after you smoke weed in it for a while?

A: No. The reason water pipes are used is in order to filter out the unwanted materials produced in the process of smoking, while allowing the desireable products (THC) to pass through. While a small percentage of THC may get dissolved in the water, most of what ends up in there is the equivalent of toxic waste. If you drink the water from a water pipe you will get little more than a stomach full of tars and carcinogenic waste products not to mention a horrible taste in your mouth.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Old Ray
Q: Is it true that you can get high by drinking the water out of a water pipe after you smoke weed in it for a while?

A: No. The reason water pipes are used is in order to filter out the unwanted materials produced in the process of smoking, while allowing the desireable products (THC) to pass through. While a small percentage of THC may get dissolved in the water, most of what ends up in there is the equivalent of toxic waste. If you drink the water from a water pipe you will get little more than a stomach full of tars and carcinogenic waste products not to mention a horrible taste in your mouth.
Yeah, I know all about that. Even used to subscribe to High Times back in the day!

What you did was dry, then smoke what you filtered OUT of the water!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Old Ray

I haven't been around that scene in about 20 years, but if you use Bacardi's instead of water, you still get high if you drink it.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Or filter it through 3 slices of whole grain bread
Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 AM

Jeeeeez!!!

Skipping all the smoking stuff since I hate it all and it gives me a sore throat and makes me hungry which I don't need to be and then I walk down halls and bounce off the walls because the walls are too close together....

I love my car and love the retro look! And yes, I feel safe in mine, actually fell asleep at the last car show during a rainy period and was so smug curled up in my comforter and pillow in the back. And yes, I'm a Beatlemaniac from way back and still listen, but mostly to the newer stuff from Paul.

Yesterday we went to Hollywood to see Wicked! and this guy in a Corvette flagged us down.... He started yelling "I just bought an HHR because I love the retro styling and I love your car --- where can I get the Woody package?" If I hadn't been on the way to see Wicked, it would have made my day!! Instead, it took a high second place.