General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

shipment of parts outside the U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
geg

shipment of parts outside the U.S.

hi guys
I live in Russia. And I've seen on this forum a guy from Mexico. Surely there are people here from all over the world. HHR great car. I'm not surprised that there are people who dragged the car across the seas and continents in their countries. I myself like that.
But there is little problem. We order parts in the U.S.. Even the Mexican said that his country is hard to find parts for the HHR. Most American stores do not carry the shipment outside the U.S..
Among you guys have the mechanics and owners of shops selling car parts. And I thought: maybe someone will agree to occasionally send parcels to Russia, Europe and Mexico.
What do you think?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM

They should. It's a global economy.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
They should. It's a global economy.
exactly ...
should ...
but not all as good as we want.
out of ten sellers only one willing to work with a foreign buyer.
half of these vendors does not satisfy me personally in some respects: MTA, the term of the order form, filling parts of the warehouse.
I checked about 200 vendors. I spoke with 17 of them. Bottom line: I work with one - shopgmparts.com
But this is not quite good enough.
The fact that they sell part expensive. I know - for that there are objective reasons.
But the buyer in the United States has the ability to buy goods in two or three times cheaper. Besides, he can buy second-hand, substandard or tuning parts. Foreign buyer is not available or not enough available.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

Might be a Global Economy, but different for shipping...

Lot more involved with shipping overseas.

I know there is a lot of paperwork & proof of ID & records of everything.

Plus the extra costs incurred...

Sad, but this is life..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 AM

I have shipped things all over the world. Just take the box to USPS and they will give you everything you need.

Perhaps he should try the US ebay site. That should help gain access to many parts.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
geg

Originally Posted by sleeper

Sad, but this is life..
life is life ... (And wife is wife ... ha, ha)

It is not only postage or insurance costs.
On the foreign buyer are only big sellers. As a general rule are legal entities, the private trader is satisfied with sales within its campus.
The large seller - large prices. This is natural - it is the cost of maintaining a large warehouse, a stock of goods, salaries, social expenses, bribes to officials, more.
You can argue to me: "private trader is present on the Internet." This is true, but he rarely takes on additional functions. Why did he communicate with some sort of aliens. Who knows what to expect from them. This is easily seen - look at Ebay.
Oh, and lastly. From a private seller, I can not order a large assortment. Jack has rotors, but there is no brake pads. John has a brake pad, but no rotors. Can I order the rotors Jack and brake pads for John. But Jack will take $ 150 for shipping, and John $ 65 for shipping.
I appeal to global suppliers. He can sell me, and rotors and brake pads. His shipping is cheaper because all the goods he puts in one box. But the cost of parts at it in 3!!! times greater than that of Jack and John.
Why do I need this hemorrhoids? How should I proceed?
Here's how: I go to a Russian store and buy the brake pads on Lexus, then I go on a Russian dump it and buy rotors from Opel. I pay 4500 rubles ($ 150) for the goods and for work on its installation. A U.S. seller loses a small piece of bread.

Where are you, a global business!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Perhaps he should try the US ebay site. That should help gain access to many parts.
Thank you, friend.
I am acting. HHR - it Autoexotics for Russia. As it turns out, this is true for many countries. This is true even for Mexico, where the HHR produce. HHR parts are only sold in the U.S.. More, no where.
Here you have an idea for a business: selling parts only HHR and shipping them around the world.
1. Acceptance of order 2. found and bought a quality part is not expensive; 3. sent to the consumer quickly and 4 quality assurance.
At this site the unique base HHR owners. On this site there are professionals who had gained unlimited confidence. this unique situation, and a powerful resource for the successful launch. The owners of this site can make money themselves or provide their territory who is a member.
I trust this community and will be the buyer.