General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Shortest mini meet in history...lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by deliveryman
Congrats to your daughter! My oldest grandson is 10 and took 2nd overall in the state meet in Rhode Island competing at level 5 and the middle one is 8 and took 6th overall at state competing at level 4. The youngest is 6 and didn't compete. Did your daughter get to meet Daniela Silvas, the olympic gold medalist from Romania, at paulding gymnastics? I think it was last year that she made an appearance.

I served in the Air Force in radar repair in the early seventies.
Not sure if she met her or not, I don't remember her saying any thing. But they do have a new coach (Calin Nemes-Bufu) that was the #7 for the Romainain 2004 team. No one got hurt, so he didn't get to compete since they only use 6. If you go to his intruduction page on thier web site, he assisting my daughter on the beam, so she got a little unnamed fame from that.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Not sure if she met her or not, I don't remember her saying any thing. But they do have a new coach (Calin Nemes-Bufu) that was the #7 for the Romainain 2004 team. No one got hurt, so he didn't get to compete since they only use 6. If you go to his intruduction page on thier web site, he assisting my daughter on the beam, so she got a little unnamed fame from that.
I think I found her with a little knee tatoo going on. He is the coach that was really wanting to meet Daniela. She is like the Michael Jordan of Romania (according to my daughter). My daughter and son-in-law are close friends with Scott and Daniela which is how I met her. I hope your daughter keeps up the good work because she can go far with gymnastics.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM

I think I found her with a little knee tatoo going on. He is the coach that was really wanting to meet Daniela. She is like the Michael Jordan of Romania (according to my daughter). My daughter and son-in-law are close friends with Scott and Daniela which is how I met her. I hope your daughter keeps up the good work because she can go far with gymnastics.
She's really going to find out this summer, bumping up her training to 6 hrs/day, 4 days a week. But she is looking forward to it. Level 5 is going to be interesting to say the lease.

Yep, that was her, bandaid and all....lol
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 PM

She's really going to find out this summer, bumping up her training to 6 hrs/day, 4 days a week. But she is looking forward to it. Level 5 is going to be interesting to say the lease.

Yep, that was her, bandaid and all....lol
Wow, that is a lot of training. Is she going to jump from level 3 to a level 5? That is great for her if she can do it. I think at level 5 she can go on to regionals after the state meet. At least in Rhode Island they can because Ethan finsihed 2nd in state and went to Regionals and finished 6th overal. He took 2nd on his floor routine at regionals and was selected to the New England All American Team.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Wow, that is a lot of training. Is she going to jump from level 3 to a level 5? That is great for her if she can do it. I think at level 5 she can go on to regionals after the state meet. At least in Rhode Island they can because Ethan finsihed 2nd in state and went to Regionals and finished 6th overal. He took 2nd on his floor routine at regionals and was selected to the New England All American Team.
She went from Hot Shot's to level 4, but competed at level 3. Now they are moving her to level 5, but may compete at level 4. SO we will just wait until late fall to see where she will end up competition wise. BUt she loves it.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:14 PM

She went from Hot Shot's to level 4, but competed at level 3. Now they are moving her to level 5, but may compete at level 4. SO we will just wait until late fall to see where she will end up competition wise. BUt she loves it.
She is doing great for her age. You will have to let me know how well she does in competition. Ethan is the same way because he wants extra gym time whenever possible.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:21 PM

She is doing great for her age. You will have to let me know how well she does in competition. Ethan is the same way because he wants extra gym time whenever possible.
Maegan never stops, we have a beam and mats at home. Coach said he will work her and hopefully won't burn her out. I told to let me know if that happens, we don't see that happening at all.

But we wonder as she gets older, will she deciede she want's a "normal" kids life. BUt it's her call, we don't push her into it. She just loves it.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM

ON another note, met Brandon (chefhhr) this evening. He came over while I was changing the oil. Got to see his mods up close. He's done a lot in the 2 months of ownership.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Yeah but I feel like the quality of a few of my mods need to be better...ie. the 3 bar grill. I'm gonna go on a grill search when I get back from vacation next month. It'll do until then.

By the way, what is the overall height again of your tire/wheel? I can't get over how good those "balt" wheels look on your wagon!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Yeah but I feel like the quality of a few of my mods need to be better...ie. the 3 bar grill. I'm gonna go on a grill search when I get back from vacation next month. It'll do until then.

By the way, what is the overall height again of your tire/wheel? I can't get over how good those "balt" wheels look on your wagon!
They are listed as 25.8". With the 245's, I can get a finger between the tire and the strut on the sidewall, and about that to the bottom of the strut plate.

Quick Reply: Shortest mini meet in history...lol