General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Oh, and if you are 6' or over, the top of the windsheild may be too low for you. Can be hard to see the closer stoplights sometimes. I just deal with it
I'm 6'2" 220lbs and the windshield isn't a big issue. Niether is interior room, its okay with me... seems to be acceptable amount of room. You have to realize going in to the deal that the shallow windshield is part of the retro styling. Just don't pull up so close to stoplights
Old 03-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Answer....http://www.lightinsight.com/

It really works!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM

Thank you for all of your input. I wasn't worried about the reliability of the powertrain but more about the brakes since many people have issues with them. I am a little upset that their is no center console but with the armrest in the front and the second glove box I feel that makes it up. Right now I am considering the HHR and the new Malibu. I was looking at the new Malibu and its got great reviews plus it looks great for a sedan. Right now it will come down to my driving experience and what deal the dealer is willing to give to me. I really like that two tone leather in the Malibu and the LTZ V6 is a rocket.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM

My new HHR SS that I just took delivery of is my third HHR. MY first 2006 had no problems at all, the second 2006 did need the rotors surfaced at about 9000 miles and I had a radio problem. The SS so far is flawless, and I expect it to be a very good car. Since I am a Chevrolet dealer Service Manager I think I've seen it all and the HHR has one of the lowest warranty cost-per-vehicle rates we have. I plan on keeping the SS forever.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Why three?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by CuriousC
Why three?
1st one was traded in on more favorable color.........

Originally Posted by Retrorod
I traded my six month old HHR in for another one. I wanted white exterior and leather rather than my grey exterior with cloth. The deal was with zero percent financing on the newest one versus the finance charges of the earlier ride....I got what I wanted, along with a lower payment!
And who wouldn't want to trade up for the SS!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 PM

I am also partial to the blue.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:58 AM

SBO is the way to go! (lol, had to make a rhyme for SunBurst Orange)
Old 03-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
SBO is the way to go! (lol, had to make a rhyme for SunBurst Orange)
Yea we went out last night and saw one in the parking lot. It was in Sun Burst Orange it looks good.

I had one last question to ask about the HHR, how well does it handle in snow and ice? That is my last concern about this vehicle.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by CuriousC
I had one last question to ask about the HHR, how well does it handle in snow and ice? .
Well I live in the snow belt / ski hill area and the HHR is no four wheel drive (duh ) but it is certainly adequate, lots of bad mouthing here about the Firestones but I get around OK. Hopeful that the SS with Michelins will be better.

That is my last concern about this vehicle
Good, must be time to suck it up and do something huh? .