General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Save the PT Cruiser?
yes I signed the PT Cruiser petition
24.49%
no I won't sign
75.51%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Should I save the PT cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
Along those lines, a fellow panel owner told me they are selling horribly and probably won't be around long, thus we might end up with a very limited vehicle.
Is the they you are talking about the HHR or just the panel. The former, as well as the PT cruiser, have solid or better sales.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
I mean really how long can they build a "retro" car?

How do you "update" it? .
Well here is one possibility:

Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
But the probe was such a fine car.....OK I couldn't write that without laughing
Probe was a Mazda, wasn't it? Anyway, the way you update a retro design is you make it more retro. Add more retroness.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

Actually, I thought the longevity of the HHR sounded familar. Apparently I high jacked a thread with a couple of statements in a post and it "bloomed" from there.

If you're interested.....it starts on my post #14 and continues for quite a bit.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=production
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by haypops
Well here is one possibility:

Sweet
Sign me up, I'll buy one.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:41 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Black Rose
But the probe was such a fine car.....OK I couldn't write that without laughing

My wife owned a first gen Probe when we first met..........best not get caught laughing too hard.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 AM

I have purchased 15 cars, of which nine were new. Number 8 was a brand new blue Ford Ranger, 4 cylinder with a manual trans, 2WD. I traded it in for a brand new red Ford Ranger, Auto V-6. It went back to Ford under Lemon Law. If I were ever to repeat a purchase it would be a Toyota Tacoma.

If something would fall out of the sky and flatten my HHR, I doubt I would buy another one. It is not that I do not like my HHR, I think it is great, I plan to keep it for awhile. IMHO it's a great car, I would recommend it to anyone. But why buy the same thing twice?

As far as the PT cruiser goes: When I was looking at the HHR and the PTC... seriously you think the HHR gets dogged here in the forums, google the PT Cruiser for problems. OMG!!! I found very little favorable information on the PTC.

I owned a Pinto, no criticism from this side of the net...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR
If something would fall out of the sky and flatten my HHR,
Blue ice maybe
Old 09-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR

As far as the PT cruiser goes: When I was looking at the HHR and the PTC... seriously you think the HHR gets dogged here in the forums, google the PT Cruiser for problems. OMG!!! I found very little favorable information on the PTC.

:
Let me clarify one point for everyone. I didn't sign the petition to save the PT cruiser because I like that car (like all present Chrysler products it's a case of expectations not met) but rather because I like the HHR. It is true that Internet petitions have small effects, but the cost to us is little also. I am a little surprised at vote so far. Some of you people even go to auto shows with PT owners!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 AM

I sayed no, just because I really don't like the pt. Never once considered buying one. I don't like the neon and that's what I was told they were based on. Maybe I'm misinformed here, I don't know. I like dodge and chrysler both, they have good vehicles, just not the pt imo. The only down side to voting no is if the chevy group watches that and figures---they don't want the pt, must not want the hhr too. That would be a shame. Chevy atleast was able to model the hhr after their own design. Wasn't the pt modeled after on old ford? 37 I thought.

Quick Reply: Should I save the PT cruiser