General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Save the PT Cruiser?
yes I signed the PT Cruiser petition
24.49%
no I won't sign
75.51%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Should I save the PT cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR
I have purchased 15 cars, of which nine were new. Number 8 was a brand new blue Ford Ranger, 4 cylinder with a manual trans, 2WD. I traded it in for a brand new red Ford Ranger, Auto V-6. It went back to Ford under Lemon Law. If I were ever to repeat a purchase it would be a Toyota Tacoma.

If something would fall out of the sky and flatten my HHR, I doubt I would buy another one. It is not that I do not like my HHR, I think it is great, I plan to keep it for awhile. IMHO it's a great car, I would recommend it to anyone. But why buy the same thing twice?

As far as the PT cruiser goes: When I was looking at the HHR and the PTC... seriously you think the HHR gets dogged here in the forums, google the PT Cruiser for problems. OMG!!! I found very little favorable information on the PTC.

I owned a Pinto, no criticism from this side of the net...
Man I hope you are far older then 40 years old. 9 NEW cars alone is a lot of wasted cash, A whole lot.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 AM

You probably don't even want to know how many cars I've owned in one form or another in my life time. So far only five have been new at the dealer, but I've owned more then the years I've been alive, and drove them all
Old 09-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

I owned ONE new car. I am now 52 years old. LOL But I "retired" 5 years ago. Maybe there is a connection?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:05 PM

I really don't see GM basing their decisions, entirely, on what Chrysler does with their product. If people keep buying the HHR, I am sure GM will keep making them. If not, the model will be discontinued.

You can have a billion people sign the petition, but if none of them opens a wallet to the HHR, it really doesn't matter.

-JJ
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM

petitons don't matter?

Chrysler will keep PT Cruiser, cut convertible
October 31, 2007

By JUSTIN HYDE

FREE PRESS WASHINGTON STAFF

Chrysler LLC will cut the PT Cruiser convertible from its lineup, but leave the regular Cruiser in production, a person familiar with the company's plans said today.

The retro-styled PT Cruiser had been on the short list of four models that Chrysler was expected to cut due to slow sales. Despite a sales decline of 27% through September, the PT Cruiser is still the third best-selling model in Chrysler's lineup, behind the 300 sedan and the Town & County minivan.

<snip>

fans of the model started an online petition in August to convince Chrysler to keep it in production.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by haypops
Chrysler will keep PT Cruiser, cut convertible
October 31, 2007

By JUSTIN HYDE

FREE PRESS WASHINGTON STAFF

Chrysler LLC will cut the PT Cruiser convertible from its lineup, but leave the regular Cruiser in production, a person familiar with the company's plans said today.

The retro-styled PT Cruiser had been on the short list of four models that Chrysler was expected to cut due to slow sales. Despite a sales decline of 27% through September, the PT Cruiser is still the third best-selling model in Chrysler's lineup, behind the 300 sedan and the Town & County minivan.

<snip>

fans of the model started an online petition in August to convince Chrysler to keep it in production.

I saw that too...

Looks like Chrysler had a change of heart and decided to keep the PT Cruiser sedan design in production and only ending the convertible editions of the PT.

Even MORE amazing is that Chrysler says that the PT CRUISER PETITION is what convinced them to keep the PT Cruiser in production...

Here's a link...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../71031072/1014
Old 11-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Sorry about forgetting the link. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 PM

I feel like so many of the others, if it is dying in sales why keep it.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Daverb
I feel like so many of the others, if it is dying in sales why keep it.
It is outsold by only the 300 and the minivan according to the article. No doubt the authors forgot the Ram pickup. Also according to the article it is Chrysler's most reliable car. This means owner loyality which is a good place for Chrysler to begin.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Even MORE amazing is that Chrysler says that the PT CRUISER PETITION is what convinced them to keep the PT Cruiser in production...
Now THAT is interesting. Most times online petitions do nothing.

Quick Reply: Should I save the PT cruiser