General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Signing-Off... A New Former HHR Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 AM

Signing-Off... A New Former HHR Owner

Having run-up a considerable amount of miles on my '07 2LT during the past 18 months or so and reached the end of the warranty, I succumbed to the current round of incentives and financing protection to take advantage of the opportunity to step into a 2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD.

The HHR was a tremendous car; and before they became more common, it drew quite a few looks. I hauled more than I care to remember; and besides two computer failures that were replaced under warranty, it was absolutely hassle free. I certainly got a decent amount of car, and use, for my money.

With 36,000 miles, a very clean passenger compartment and somewhat-scuffed cargo area, I received $9,500 in trade consideration. Given the sales tax savings, it came to about $10,200 in "outright sale" dollars. It seems to be right in line with what I should have expected, and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

As much as I enjoy the Flex, (and it's a tremendous vehicle in every respect), it won't keep me from missing my HHR or very fondly remembering it. Whoever its new owner happens to be will enjoy the added benefit of the towing package and roof cross rails I added through the counsel and advice I found from fellow members here.

I wish everyone the very best with their HHR's and their futures.

Thanks again.

Remmie
Old 05-04-2009, 04:01 AM

Bye Bye. Enjoy your new Ford.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Enjoy your new ride, Remmie. Keep in touch!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Remford
I succumbed to the current round of incentives and financing protection to take advantage of the opportunity to step into a 2009 Ford
As someone who bought a boatload of Ford Stock when it was $1.65 I thank you. Buy another one please
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 AM

I think you will enjoy your new Flex. I drove one from MA. to FL. in Jan. of this yr. A little side job to bring a snow bird down to FL. I really enjoyed the drive, Very nice. Trying to drive it back to MA. at the end of the month.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 AM

At least you picked another cool looking new car! I love the Flex! Especially the two toned with the white roof!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Czechman
As someone who bought a boatload of Ford Stock when it was $1.65 I thank you. Buy another one please
You're very welcome. I was right there with you, at about $2.18 a share. :) With any luck, my fellow investors will have gifted the thing to me when all is said and done. :)
Old 05-11-2009, 03:46 PM

BTW,

As a perhaps-final note, I am thoroughly enjoying the Flex. It's an entirely different kind of vehicle from the HHR altogether, and it really goes to show the kinds of results that are possible when investments are made in items like interior materials and fit and finish. (It's also AWD, and weighs 2 1/4 tons, so it's a very different vehicle to drive too) It definitely caters to the more refined aspects of the grown-up me.

However, I really find myself missing my HHR from time to time. It's smaller size can certainly be an advantage; and in the case of those upgraded Ford interior materials, I'd haul just about anything in my HHR without giving it a second thought knowing that replacing the plastic interior panels would be one hell of a lot cheaper and easier than the Flex. I find myself spending more time loading and unloading carefully than I do driving from A to B. :)

The HHR was most certainly one of the best cars I've owned.