General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

silverado steering column noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 PM

silverado steering column noise

am looking for ideas on why my steering column began to make a squeeak that has become constant, and gets worse as the roud gets rougher or hit bumps. it is also making a errrr noise like a haunted house door slowly openning. this noise as far as i can tell has no relation to driving speed or road topography, it may be absent when at higher speeds, at least i am unable to hear it.....this all happened after a dealership put in at no request of mine a new column.....after their work it began but was only sporatic.

help i have be in 9 times at no charge thank god but it is driving me crazy
Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Banned

You're asking about a Silverado on an HHR forum? You might want to check a Silverado forum and see what other Silverado owners have to say. Not to be a dick but it doesn't seem that logical to me.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Platinum Member

Agreed...and also not to be rude, but why would you ask a question for a Silverado on a HHR forum? I mean there might be 3 or 4 members who have a Silverado as a second vehicle. But wouldn't your chances be better asking 3 or 4 thousand Silverado owners??

Wish you luck, though.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Here's a GM truck forum that's really good (I have a Suburban):

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...last_post&st=0

Steve
Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You're asking about a Silverado on an HHR forum?
Maybe he stood a little to close to some fireworks going "BOOM"?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:26 AM

Wink snides and polites

oops my bad and thanks to those who are not so uppity to think it was anything beyond an error to get crosseyed while surfin the web looking for answers. did not also notice mr miami that it was a fan club about inanimate objects, learn from your peers and become part of the solution, those who help are to be hailed, those who do not should be halted. enough about that.

got the answer i was after by using a stethescope and a pal....ever wondering where a noise is coming from i strongly suggest it, can get a used one for about fifteen bucks should you not have a doc or a nurse in the family.

thanks again for the honest advice to my prior posting logged an hour plus before sunset and the fireworks for those who know about watches. sorry about the snideness here, low tolerance for the useless behavior, it's rubbin off on me, gotta go and repent my tresspasses. caio