General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

SIRIUS XM PROMO PASSWORD / RENEWAL or CANCELLATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM

Just got an email from XM that states
Starting Wednesday, November 14 for two weeks, you get FREE access to 60 channels,
They said the spread the word.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I used to have XM but don't drive my car enough to justify it and only listened to about five stations. I got rid of it mainly due to their awful customer service.

If you have a smart phone, buy a $10 cable at Radio Shack and listen to Pandora or Slacker radio stations for free. You can probably recreate the type of stations you were listening to on XM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by NYCHHR
I used to have XM but don't drive my car enough to justify it and only listened to about five stations. I got rid of it mainly due to their awful customer service.
I tried them twice and cancelled for the same reason. They have since called me multiple times and everytime I tell them the same thing, "when I hear from multiple people that your customer service doesn't suck anymore, then I might think about trying you again".
Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Founding Member

Once I am in the customer retention department after the lets cancel spiel, I negotiate! What works for me is, 'you can take some of my money or none of my money, I'll take my business/money to one of your competitors'.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM

After what I went through with XM trying to correct their billing mistake, taking over 18 months, placing many, many calls to their customer line and speaking to half the population of India, it was only after I got the BBB on them did they straighten things up.

Since I can get Pandora and Slacker for free, XM would have to match that price before I would ever consider going back to them.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

I always get XM free promo offers in the mail.. I just throw them away. & they still turn on the XM..

I'm ok wit dat...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM

Satellite Radio has gotta be hurting with the advent of Iternet Radio and aux input; then again maybe I've got that all wrong and shows like Dopey & AuntTony or who ever those slackers are will continue to carry enough subscribers. It saddens me there are not more broadcast stations signed on to HD in my region as there is a world of difference in signal quality, especially on the AM band.

I will sample this free XM go around, but if it's like prior experiences it'll be the same ole musac I listened to when I did have a subscription years ago; so have I really been missing anything?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member

Now, IF you are really SERIOUS about SIRIUS and you are thinking about renewing, I would try to get a commitment from them enabling you to select a new program/schedule in the up coming months.

The CEO of Sirius, near the first part of this year, made a commitment to investors that he would change the programming to more of a "cafeteria" style or in line with how the cable and satellite companies allow programming choices.

There is currently a "buzz" on Wall Street that this will happen before the end of the year. The sock is one of the most active on NASDAQ today.....although trading lower.

Can't say if this will occur, or not....just passing info on.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
I'd have Directv and amazon prime only it it were up to me. Wife and 4 kids/young adults like the other stuff.

I like watching NFL Football and the old black and white movies on TMC on this.

In the HHR I pop in a 32 Gig SD card and play what I like from my own music collection. Or a Movie.

I do like the HD Radio Tuner for the comedy channel, my 11 your old likes it alot.

I'm surprised they still make DLP projection TVs. Almost everyone has gone LCD or Plasma.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
I always get XM free promo offers in the mail.. I just throw them away. & they still turn on the XM..

I'm ok wit dat...
My certified used HHR SS came with two free months of XM and all I had to do was call and give them the activation #... I didn't even go to the trouble as I think it is a waste of money.

I'll stick with supporting local radio stations.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS XM PROMO PASSWORD / RENEWAL or CANCELLATION