General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sleeping in an HHR.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 10:48 PM

Trailer bearing temps were 106-110, tire temps were no more than 110 degrees on the trailer and the HHR. Coolant was 210- to 220 max - no issues. I carried 38 psi in the HHR tires- the tire monitor was never over 41 psi- rear hatch area was only for light weight gear, so as not to overload the springs and i traveled alone. Ball weight was 150 lbs- used a scale to make sure the load was balanced- the trailer frame was beefed up and extended 6" ahead of the axle, to give a better weight distribution- for stable towing and less sway. Its a better trailer now.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Hhr hotel

I have an 08 panel and sleeping is where you get creative. In my car I bought a twin size memory foam ( high quality) and cut it to fit and use a My Pillow. Perfection. In my work I use a 4 dr HHR also an 08 and sleeping is not as easy...HWEVER. with a back seat folded down the same criteria works great oh and may I add that a sleeping bag weather appropriate makes for a great addition.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 AM
Banned

After working on my HHR on a cool fla afternoon and a cold one....i decided to take a nap, the house seemed to far away at the time so i put the seats down and took a nap.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by emstess
Several websites have a tent that goes over the rear. I just saw one on autotrucktoys.com , and I have seen it on other sites.
This is a tent that is sold by Napier that attaches right to the Chev HHR to camp with

Old 06-20-2020, 02:08 PM

Bugs keeping out

Originally Posted by prod
They have those solar powered ventilation fans now that sit at the top of the window, they could work. If it doesnt have a screen over the opening it would be an easy modification.
little round magnets and a piece of screen. When time to leave just pull on screen and magnets will attach to each other. I going to try a mattress from camper single bed. Its 30 Inches wide don't k ow length
Old 06-20-2020, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Old thread, you probably will not get a reply from Prod.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Maynard Mark Erickson
little round magnets and a piece of screen. When time to leave just pull on screen and magnets will attach to each other. I going to try a mattress from camper single bed. Its 30 Inches wide don't k ow length
Yup that could work. I have seen a car at work that uses a light fabric attached outside with magnets to shade the rear seats, probably for children, and they drive it like that.
Sleeper:
Old 06-24-2020, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member

Prod- Good to hear from you again...
Old 07-31-2020, 01:57 PM

I call the back end of my HHR the love nest. 😏 I have used it many times. I came up with the perfect mattress. It is a smidge too long so I have it curled up at the top for adding padding where my pillows lay.

I thought about the size of a rollaway mattress. And BINGO...I was in business. I went on Marketplace on Facebook and found one for sale for $10.00! 🙌 I was going to go buy foam or cushion but this was so cheap and ready to go! I went to a thrift store and bought twin size sheets. They are too big but they serves it purpose. I always have tons of pillows so no need to purchase any. I had a small quilt and a cozy little blanket that was perfect for those cold nights when camping lake side.

I spent less than $20 for my mobile camping and it's pretty comfortable. I work nights and have thought about crawling in there at break for a quick nap some nights.

Here is my little creation....

Perfect for one or two people.

Waking up lake side is awesome. With the quarantine in full swing there were few people out so it was very peace

I can't remember if that was the sunrise or sunset from my point of view in the HHR....but just showing you all the possibilities you could experience camping in an HHR.

This is the warmer weather look...no need for a furry blanket.

There is a company called Wish that are selling these air mattresses. They even have them for just the back seat...so if you order one make sure you are getting the right one for your wants and needs. Wish has an app...so you might take a look. They actually have HHR stuff specifically.

I don't know if I will be making an upgrade. There is something said about creating something to make memories. I didn't read all the posts. But saw some great ideas and creativity here.

Y'all are awesome...
Old 07-31-2020, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Ronnie, great idea, here’s my wife’s idea of ruffing it!

Quick Reply: Sleeping in an HHR.