General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Smoker's Package???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by diskullman
I really must laugh at the very idea, of actually trying to flick your ashes into a "smokers package" coffee-cupholder ashtray, as it's hard enough to put a coffee cup in there. It might be easier to rub the ashes between your elbows.
I ordered the ashtray from my dealer and when I went to pick it up on Saturday I see it is cupholder version. Before paying I tried fitting it in my car and it is rediculous to try to use this as a ashtry... It's under the armrest, about equal to where I sit, so flicking ashes would be slightly behind me... I would have thought it would just fit in the area in front of my shifter....

So I've had my car for just over two weeks and have not smoked in it.... Maybe it's for the best.... With one of of five people in the USA still smoking I would think there would have been a better solution....

Fred
Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM

Mine didn't have the smokers' package when I bought it.
My dealer threw in a lighter and muffin as he promised.
The lighter didn't work in either receptacle.
He took the receptacle from another HHR that had the lighter package and installed it in mine.
I've smoked 1000's of Marlboros in it since then.
Yes there are different receptacles as Retrorod pointed out.

I have a space in front of my (auto) shifter that the muffin fits (loosly) in.
I keep it open with the lid up to the left and the opening to the right.
It's not the smoothest system but it's better than flicking ashes out the window and all down the side of my black SS.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:40 PM

I was given the lighter and coffee cup ashtray from a non smokers 03 Grand Am. It works fine, though I agree that the cup holder location does make using the ashtray difficult.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM

Hello all.
My 08 lt came with the smokers package but i never use it. I do have the bad habit of smoking and i learned a long time ago that when you use the ash tray it makes the car stink after setting in the sun with the windows rolled up. And when someone rides with you that dont smoke, they say it stinks in here. The wife dont smoke, so to keep from hearing a lot of yak yak yak from her, i dont use the ash tray.