General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

So I Go To Add Some Washer Fluid Today (Warning Graphic Eww)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:19 AM

it must have gottin in the resevoir where it was made (at the factory)??

when i was 7 my mom had a new cutlass supreme and it clanged and banged when ever you turned sharp in either direction?? after 3 dealerships the 4th sent it to an apoulstery shop and they ripped out the head liner and found 4 large steel balls about 1 inch in diameter with a note that read hope you had as much fun finding these as we did putting them and this note in it!! ha ha

so maybe someone got board at the hhr plant and put it in the washer fluid bottle??
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Teflonworm
Just a lil upate for y'all that care.

I called two places and more or less stated the problem and that I wanted to have the system replaced or at least the tank replaced and the lines cleaned out and such. Heres a cliff note summary:

One dealership flat out refused me warranty service. Said I cant prove the mouse came from them and mouse parts clogging the system doesnt fall into warranty coverage. They will replace the system at my cost for parts and labor.

A second dealership in my area has no problem, wants me to come see the service manager and is going to take care of it for me. If it takes more then a day or when Im working, they will provide me a demo car. They didnt care if it was a mouse, deer, elephant, or dirt.

Thank god there are still some nice folk out there.
Glad to hear its gonna be taken care of.

Just anotherexample of there being service departments that are good and bad and how important it is to find one that has a cusomer service policy that is more concerned about happy people that refusing to do work.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

Exclamation

Well that's the strangest story I ever heard..

Glad you're getting things sorted out at the dealer...

Your Dad must love you man, I would second the Listerne recommendation for him...
Old 02-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
it must have gottin in the resevoir where it was made (at the factory)??

when i was 7 my mom had a new cutlass supreme and it clanged and banged when ever you turned sharp in either direction?? after 3 dealerships the 4th sent it to an apoulstery shop and they ripped out the head liner and found 4 large steel balls about 1 inch in diameter with a note that read hope you had as much fun finding these as we did putting them and this note in it!! ha ha

so maybe someone got board at the hhr plant and put it in the washer fluid bottle??
Sounds like something I did in high school. Those were the days.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Check inside your gas tank,they`re still looking for Jimmy Hoffa. Hey,ya never know.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SSguy
Your Dad must love you man, I would second the Listerne recommendation for him...

My dads a science teacher, so hes owed me from a few of his experiment. I consider these small victories of karma. Hes a good sport though, we are still just trying to figure out why he used garden hose versus the clear tubing we have for our fish tanks. Ah well :)

All said and done, no cost to me, car was fixed and even cleaned up a bit. In the end, service is what'll make me go buy another car or recommend a place. One place is going to get a horrid review anytime i speak their name and the other gets praise from one of the biggest mouths in the county :P

Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 AM

Call the GM coporate customer service line and give them your expieriance,good and bad. Our local dealer called me and gave me a free oil change once because I reported a good thing about them.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:57 PM

hope it all works out!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 PM

I heard a noise today when I was driving and all I could think of was "Crap, there is a rat in my fuel pump!" Turns out something was stuck on the tire. Scared me for a second there.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Red face

I would guess that someone at the factory decided to put it in there, aren't the HHRs built in Mexico. Probably came out of someones lunch

Quick Reply: So I Go To Add Some Washer Fluid Today (Warning Graphic Eww)