General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

So long....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
God only 19mpg in an HHR? No wonder he's getting rid of it, I would too.
That seems to be unheard of.
It's not unheard of. Mine doesn't get much better. To me it seems like most of us who do a lot of city driving average about 18-22 MPG combined. It also seems like less of us speak up than the people that are claiming 35 MPG, people more pay attention to the owners claiming ridiculously high mileage because that’s what they want to hear, and if you get less than 30 MPG there is either something wrong with your HHR or your driving style regardless of all the other variables that affect your MPG.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by RaceOn
Let me get this straight, you come to the HHR site and tell everyone here that your are getting rid of your HHR and replacing it with a Dodge Ram P/U. <snip>......<snip>

Just my 2 cent$.

Pat
Your reaction may be a little harsh. I am not sure he/she denigrated the HHR. People change cars all the time for a variety of reasons. Some simply have bad experiences. All this member said was he/she was not happy with the gas mileage or trade value really. On a P/U like a Ram, mileage will be worse for sure. And anyone who trades a vehicle in a year or less, I do not care what it is, will take a bath in one way or another on value. There have been others here that have gotten rid of their HHR and bit a tad more critical than this one.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:08 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It's not unheard of. Mine doesn't get much better. To me it seems like most of us who do a lot of city driving average about 18-22 MPG combined. It also seems like less of us speak up than the people that are claiming 35 MPG, people more pay attention to the owners claiming ridiculously high mileage because that’s what they want to hear, and if you get less than 30 MPG there is either something wrong with your HHR or your driving style regardless of all the other variables that affect your MPG.
Thank you Capt.!! This is the reason I stay out of the MPG threads.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Your reaction may be a little harsh. I am not sure he/she denigrated the HHR. People change cars all the time for a variety of reasons. Some simply have bad experiences. All this member said was he/she was not happy with the gas mileage or trade value really. On a P/U like a Ram, mileage will be worse for sure. And anyone who trades a vehicle in a year or less, I do not care what it is, will take a bath in one way or another on value. There have been others here that have gotten rid of their HHR and bit a tad more critical than this one.
Harsh? Maybe, but as I said it was my 2cent$...not yours. I'll state my opinion, you can state yours.

Pat
Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Just for info, I quoted Manhiem auto auctions, as I said before some number around 65% of the worlds used car market runs through there auctions all over the world. When you talk KBB or NADA let me explain something. Where do you think these publications get there numbers from? Does anyone think a CPA in an office pulls these out of the air.? They base it on the current auction prices, now mind you they are always going to be a few weeks behind, then they through in the time of year factor. If the we are in September and the latest convertible price are from July and August they would alter them downward for the time of year in the northeast. One final note KBB always has an artificially lower trade in price, dealers love it. Don't use this to value your trade or you will beat all the time. NADA is more accurate. There is also a black book people swear by and NADA has a dealer publication I used to get at the auctions so there are different books.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:58 PM

Harsh? Maybe, but as I said it was my 2cent$...not yours. I'll state my opinion, you can state yours.

Pat
The HHR is a great vehicle for what it is, I don't think I ever said otherwise. I am sorry that you felt like I was personally attacking you (based on your respone that is the only way I know to take it), that was not my intention. Again, the HHR is great but not for me.

Captian Howdy, I agree with the gas mileage thing completely.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
What Iamaphinespelrr said. and... only 19mpg in the HHR?!?!!? Good God man, that is soooo not typical. No wonder you wanted out of it.
That's why we traded our HHR in, poor mpg and constant fuel injector problems. The writer is correct in his statement about poor trade in value on the HHR. 2007 with 6k miles brought nothing with 3 dealers.
To the many people that claim the HHR is "American" and put down those of us that buy Japanese vehicles....The HHR is not made in USA.
Good luck with your Ram, you buy what you want in this country, no apologies to anyone. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:33 PM

Let me get this straight, you come to the HHR site and tell everyone here that your are getting rid of your HHR and replacing it with a Dodge Ram P/U. You state that you only got 19 MPG with the HHR. Then you tell everyone that the value of their HHR is crap. OK?

Well if you are trading a HHR for a P/U truck I would say that you seriously underestimated your vehicle needs.
If you only got 19 MPG over the whole time you owned the HHR I would have to think you should have brought it back to the dealer for a check up. Or was the real reason that you beat the hell out of the HHR.
You complain that you got screwed on the trade in value, yet you base this claim on the sticker price, not what you paid, or any incentives.
You claim that you made eight payments on the HHR, yet you shopped it around to get rid of it for two months. Sounds like you were trying to get rid of it after only six months.
You claim you replace your cars every 11 months, yet this is the first time you have been screwed on the trade in value?
You never really stated what HHR you had, the mileage or the condition of the vehicle when you traded. For all we know it was an ex-rental fleet car with unusually high mileage.
Unless you paid cash, outright, for each vehicle you purchased, you would always be upside down within the first few years of the transaction. Either you are a glutton for punishment or you like to throw money away.

I don't know, sounds to me like a severe case of buyer's remorse. Just because you bought a car that you did not like, is no reason to try and denigrate those that actually like their cars. My suggestion is to go find a Dodge Ram site and trade stories with those people. I'm sure all those people are madly in love with their trucks. And, I promise I won't go over there and p**s in your Wheaties! OK?

Just my 2 cent$.

Pat
Someone missed his (or her? ) nap.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
To the many people that claim the HHR is "American" and put down those of us that buy Japanese vehicles....The HHR is not made in USA.
In this global economy where companies are owned be people all over the world, where parts come form all over and where vehicles are built all over and sold all over sharing technolgy from all over, I am no longer sure there is such a thing as American vs Japanese vs German etc. We live in a global marketplace.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Good luck with your Ram, you buy what you want in this country, no apologies to anyone. Enjoy it while you can.
I didn't see where anyone put anybody down for buying a Japanese vehicle. That's your business, and furthermore, I doubt that anyone really cares what you buy.

Someone missed his (or her? ) nap.
NOPE! Just stating my opinion, based upon what I read. I see you stated your opinion too, but I didn't make light of it.

Pat

Quick Reply: So long....