General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

So you bought one WHAT next

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

So you bought one WHAT next

For me buying it was just the start, thought I'd ask you all if it's just me who has the mod fever, or is it normal we all have it.So once you brought it home that did you do next ???
Old 01-29-2011, 12:27 PM

I bought the car to be modified. One of the most important questions I had for the dealer was if they installed the stage 1 upgrade. They didn't but provided me with several local dealers that did do the install. Within two days of owing the SS, I had all the calipers painted red. Within the first 2 months, I had all the reflectors tinted and the bowties painted black. Next month after that, I blacked out all the SS's, center caps, painted inside of wheels black, window visors, and had the stage one done. Another month after that, I did a catless downpipe, upper mount, rear sway bar, drop in filter, and tinted the taillights. I did all my current "mods" just under 5 months of owning the car. Haven't done any since. But when spring comes, another round of mods will be seeing their way on to the SS.

Dave
Old 01-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

sounds like you should become friends with Maggie at www.raceandstreet.com
Old 01-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by pyro panel
sounds like you should become friends with Maggie at www.raceandstreet.com
She is a pleasure to deal with and a cool t-shirt too
Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM

Just got are 07 LS at the end of December after totaling out are sonata with a deer collision, so I am chomping at the bit for spring time to get the grape lowered and 18’s put on her. Have parts list all together, struts shocks, lowering kit, sway bars, and front end bushings, Rims and tires will be here end of Feb. Looking for a 7 inch double din with nav also.This site has provided me with some great info on what I can do to this vehicle, more then my wife can deal with LOL, also sent in my 9.99 so I can start posting some pics on here.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ericm1a2
Just got are 07 LS at the end of December after totaling out are sonata with a deer collision, so I am chomping at the bit for spring time to get the grape lowered and 18’s put on her. Have parts list all together, struts shocks, lowering kit, sway bars, and front end bushings, Rims and tires will be here end of Feb. Looking for a 7 inch double din with nav also.This site has provided me with some great info on what I can do to this vehicle, more then my wife can deal with LOL, also sent in my 9.99 so I can start posting some pics on here.
Let me be the first to welcome our newest PREMIUM member mine went thru instantly shouldn't be long now looking forward to the pic's that 7" touch screen is on my list too
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 PM

I actually kidded myself that I would not want to mod this, though within a week of buying it I was already getting estimates on different paintjobs, chrome door handles, etc.

I started small...just the '57 Chevy script above the glovebox. For X-mas of '09, I got the LNF Turbo upgrade (installed early, in November). I got a nice X-mas bonus for '09, so I put some of it aside, then in May of '10 I had my roof and rear valence painted black. As soon as that was finished, the red taillights suddenly didn't look right to me. I saw a few HHRs here that had the ICPWs in Bermuda Black, and I knew they'd finish off the red/black theme I had going perfectly, so I went for it.

Once I saw HHRSSouth's interior paint scheme, I knew I wanted that done next, so I had that done in late December. I have slotted rims waiting to be installed, and I plan on getting 20" rims come spring. That will probably be it...I'm plenty happy with my SS's performance, so no more performance mods. I may do Gas man's fender stripes, but I'm still on the fence on that one.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
So you bought one. What next?
Your evil plan almost worked. I was about to explain what all was in store then.........................................

Seriously though, upon signing the deal the dealership was told that the car had to be debadged, the bowties painted black, and the black spray tinted tail lights from my previous HHR had to be installed on the SS. Since then I have replaced the tails with IPCW Bermuda Blacks. Now I have a whole lot of boxes to play with and let you know more about them this spring
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Premium Member

Your evil plan almost worked. I was about to explain what all was in store then.........................................

It must be your guilty conscious I hadn't even thought about what in the world you were up to would like to see it in person but there is lots of miles between us
Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 PM

Dangit! I wanted to know what you were planning Dayton!

Quick Reply: So you bought one WHAT next