General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

SoCal HHRs Meets St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:02 AM

SoCal HHRs Meets St. Louis

SoCal HHRs Meets St. Louis...

Looks like a little piece of the SoCal HHRs will be seen around St. Louis and where ever you see the Surf Wagon.

Couldn't resist the cool design and a little free advertising for the west coast club... I usually vacation on the southern east coast but looks like I may have to make it out your way sometime.

Hang Loose...

BK

Name:  SoCalMeetsStLouis.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  29.0 KB

Thanks TkHHR...

Old 04-14-2008, 01:19 AM

Hey Big Kahuna we will be out in the Springfield,Il area by maybe Sunday. We might be going through St Louis I will be keeping eye out for any local HHR's. I am also heading up to the Chicago towards the end of the following week. When you come out this way look me up I will show you around. I live about a mile from Disneyland.

John
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by suburbanjunior
Hey Big Kahuna we will be out in the Springfield,Il area by maybe Sunday. We might be going through St Louis I will be keeping eye out for any local HHR's. I am also heading up to the Chicago towards the end of the following week. When you come out this way look me up I will show you around. I live about a mile from Disneyland.

John
WOW... no way...

I guess that means a SoCal HHR will be at least passing thru St. Louis...

Any idea what time you might be passing thru and on what highway (44 or 70)?

I'll be at the office this Saturday until after 4pm but keep an eye out for Gateway HHR locals and we'll keep any eye out for the Cali plates.

Have a safe trip if we don't see you...
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 AM

We will be taking the 44 we are actually going into Manchester,Il right off 267 any ideas about either going through St Louis or we thought maybe heading north on 5 out of Lebanon and running into 54. Any pros or cons or suggestion would be appreciated. We are leaving about 5 am Fri morning and hoping to hit that area by Sunday( depending on distractions along the way) thanks Big Kahuna, John
Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 AM

Let us know when you're passing through, maybe we can meet and have lunch or something.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 AM

We will be taking the 44 we are actually going into Manchester,Il right off 267 any ideas about either going through St Louis or we thought maybe heading north on 5 out of Lebanon and running into 54. Any pros or cons or suggestion would be appreciated. We are leaving about 5 am Fri morning and hoping to hit that area by Sunday( depending on distractions along the way) thanks Big Kahuna, John

Highway 44 should be a pretty smooth commute. You'll be rolling through the southern end of St. Louis.

If you stay on Highway 44 you should see a lot of cool landmarks along the entire route. The historic ROUTE 66 actually parallels the entire trip and there are some great touristy little joints and reto stops all along the way.

Here are some fun links to travel stops along the way long with great photo opps for your HHR to pull over for some historic photos.

www.historic66.com/internet

www.roadtripusa.com/routes/route66/route66.html

As you arrive through St. Louis you''l be passing long the southern route through town but will get a beautiful view of the Gateway Arch as you pass through southern downtown district.

No major construction on Highway 44 but avoid Highway 40 in mid southern St. Louis since it is completely closed while they remodel a large section of that highway.

Have a safe trip along Route 66...

Last edited by Big Kahuna; 04-14-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
SoCal HHRs Meets St. Louis...

Thanks TkHHR...

No problem BK, It looks great on your Surf Wagon!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM

I will be taking laptop and have a better idea on sat evening as to when we will be passing through.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:10 AM

I will be taking laptop and have a better idea on sat evening as to when we will be passing through.

Well made albuquerque last night. JR has been riding well. They have some big bugs in Arizona, I did my best to cut down on the population of them. Be pasing through soon.

John and Sue
Old 04-19-2008, 08:27 AM

Well made albuquerque last night. JR has been riding well. They have some big bugs in Arizona, I did my best to cut down on the population of them. Be pasing through soon.

John and Sue
We are expecting beautiful weather up this way by Sunday and Monday...
We may even have an aftershock or two to remind you of back home...

Have a safe trip...

Quick Reply: SoCal HHRs Meets St. Louis