General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Spots on Glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Spots on Glass

After washing my HHR, I have spots on the glass. I only use the self-wash part of the car wash here in town, and it has a (or suppose to) filter system. Problem, still have spot on the glass, and shows more on the tint. I thought of buying the Mr. Clean system for home use, has anyone tried this. If so, how is it.

Also, I remember years ago there was a glass wax did did wonders, anyone remember it, or could recommend something?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 AM

On the MR.Clean system, I have it but never use it. It does not have enough pressure during the wash setting for my liking and you still need to wash with your hands to remove that fine film of dirt, the results of the filtered water and fine mist in the final rinse setting is awesome. It really does dry itself and leaves no spots ( of course don't try it in the sun). I found that it takes just as long if not longer to use the Mr. clean kit compared to towel drying but there is less physical work, you will need to do some light touch up drying.

As for the water spots on your glass, most auto parts store will have some type of auto glass stripper. I have used No Touch Auto Glass Stripper, and Glass Science Glass Scrub, they both work well with the Glass Scrub being the best of the two. Niether are very good for your paint but will not do damage unless rubbed on the paint or left on it for a long period of time.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Daverb
After washing my HHR, I have spots on the glass. I only use the self-wash part of the car wash here in town, and it has a (or suppose to) filter system. Problem, still have spot on the glass, and shows more on the tint. I thought of buying the Mr. Clean system for home use, has anyone tried this. If so, how is it.

Also, I remember years ago there was a glass wax did did wonders, anyone remember it, or could recommend something?
Why not just dry the glass? No spots then I would think. Do you not dry the rest of the car? If not you must also get water spots on the paint.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:56 PM

I dry mine and still get spots. I use the special microfiber towels. I think I just need to use window cleaner after a washing to get the extra film left on the glass.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:38 PM

thanks for the info

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
On the MR.Clean system, I have it but never use it. It does not have enough pressure during the wash setting for my liking and you still need to wash with your hands to remove that fine film of dirt, the results of the filtered water and fine mist in the final rinse setting is awesome. It really does dry itself and leaves no spots ( of course don't try it in the sun). I found that it takes just as long if not longer to use the Mr. clean kit compared to towel drying but there is less physical work, you will need to do some light touch up drying.

As for the water spots on your glass, most auto parts store will have some type of auto glass stripper. I have used No Touch Auto Glass Stripper, and Glass Science Glass Scrub, they both work well with the Glass Scrub being the best of the two. Niether are very good for your paint but will not do damage unless rubbed on the paint or left on it for a long period of time.

I hope this helps.
thanks, I may have to try the glass scrub, I may even by a water filter system to connect to my hose at home and just do it there. As far as mention in one reply, I do dry the car witha shamis, then go home and detail out the car. It may be just that, from what I heard, the car wash also has a water softner for the wash cylcle, and of course there will be residu left in hte lines.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:19 PM

Cool

I would suggest applying rain-x...I have been using rain-x since my first car when I was 16, my dad & grandfather use it religiously, and it is the first thing I do whenever I get a new car. I can't live without it.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Ern

Stoners Aresol.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 AM

After I hand wash my HHR I blow it dry with my leaf blower and I never get spots on the glass or chrome.....
Old 06-25-2007, 01:33 AM

ERN your right! Stoner makes a product called Invisible Glass it works very well and it is the only glass cleaner I use on auto glass, but it will not remove real hard water spots.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I dry mine and still get spots. I use the special microfiber towels. I think I just need to use window cleaner after a washing to get the extra film left on the glass.
I do not find the microfibre any good for drying. They do not absorb. If I use a good absorbent product and dry it out of direct sun, no spots. A dry microfibre towel would work to remove any spots after drying I would think.

Quick Reply: Spots on Glass