General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Spots on Glass

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:50 PM

I agree on the rain-x and on Stoners invisible glass aerosol..believe it or not the aerosol gives a far better performance than the same product from the pump bottle...either that or I am just a bit crazy...which is a definite possibility..
Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM

When using the do-it-yourself car washes, I generally just let the body dry on its own. I do wipe the windows dry with microfiber towels, and if necessary a quick application of auto glass cleaner (I use Advance Auto Parts' brand, it's worked great so far and it's perfectly safe on window tint as well).
Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 PM

I Just Use Window Cleaner And Newspaper To Clean My Windows Works Great.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Ern

If Stoners Invisible Glass doesnt cut it and you still have spots that are hard to get out, try KAIO. Kills em dead in there tracks.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM

I too, use Stoner's Invisible Glass ... before I started using it I had a horrible mess with my windows. Not only spots but streaks. I was told that you have to be careful what type of cleaner you use in tinted windows and Stoner's was recommended.....
Old 07-09-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by donbb82
I Just Use Window Cleaner And Newspaper To Clean My Windows Works Great.
Newspaper works great, especially with cleaners that do not have ammonia. Leaves a streak free clean every time.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM

I get good results with Stoner's as well.Then I'll apply Aquapel from PPG...I think it lasts longer than Rain-X which I have also used in the past...both are great products.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Daverb.....

have you determined what the spots are?.....minerals in the water?......soap residue?

I noticed with the AZ water (which is extremely high in solids content) if I leave the water on the windows just a little to long, they will spot. I generally use some vinegar to wipe them down, if it happens (being careful not to drop any on the paint).
from the looks its hard water and maybe mineral spots. the car wash i go to sometimes has a watersofterner and filter, but who knows how often it gets solar salt added or the filter changed. it was a good car wash at one time. I read somewhere that a Mr Clean magic eraser works well, will try it, and also boought some Bar Cleanser. wil have to see what works best.

As far as the one type of glass wax I was looking for, it no longer is being made. But there are others on the market. I wil have to ask my nephew what they used in the Navy ( he was into maintenance on F16s and Hornets and such) both on ship and at the Top Gun School. And we all now how the canopies had to be kept clean on them babies.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 PM

I think Zaino makes a glass cleaner/polish that is supposed to be great

Stoners will not take the water marks and stains from the touchless car washes off of the glass..it may look like it does but you can still see it when the windows get wet...need a good polish or stripper to really clean glass of those marks as they are almost etched into the glass

Goose
Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
I think Zaino makes a glass cleaner/polish that is supposed to be great

Stoners will not take the water marks and stains from the touchless car washes off of the glass..it may look like it does but you can still see it when the windows get wet...need a good polish or stripper to really clean glass of those marks as they are almost etched into the glass

Goose

so what do we use? i think i mentioned some of them bathtub cleaners, like limeaway or something... wtf works?!?!?!? i wanna get that stuff off my windows...it can be dangerous in the rain....

Quick Reply: Spots on Glass