General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Spotter Mirror Part Numbers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:45 PM

Just ordered these:
http://www.maxiviewmirror.com/buy-maxi-mirrors.html

After having 2 different friends that work at dealerships check and see what their cost was on a set of GM spotter mirrors, along with what GM partsdirect sells them for, i did a lil searching and found the Maxi-View site.
So for pretty much the price of one GM mirror, i'll be getting a set of these. (Check out the YouTube vids of their product on their site. It'll give you a lil insight of those $2-$3 round ones.Granted, they are worth the money )

Will let you all know what i think of them when they show up and get installed/road tested.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:44 PM

GM Spotter Mirrors installed! These are standard equipment on the 09 HHR Panels and are an option on the rest!

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 07-22-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: removed image links that no longer work
Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
Just ordered these:

Will let you all know what i think of them when they show up and get installed/road tested.

Have you had a chance to road test these? Have you had any problems and do they look ok? (pics)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 PM

I have tried little round mirrors, bigger round mirrors and some Autozone square mirrors and don't like any of them. I want the GM spot mirrors but having trouble spending that much on them. I hate how GM gouges us on part prices.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Exfordrv
Have you had a chance to road test these? Have you had any problems and do they look ok? (pics)
Got 'em and they have been in service for a while(Will try to get pics soon, and post them here)
Actually a good setup mirror/vision-wise. You can really see what you want to be seeing.(Worlds better than most round convex stick-ons.) They threw in a "free" mirror thing that you can put on the inside rear view to keep a eye on the kids in the back seat, or use it on your home/work computer to spy the boss or whoever in case you are checking out stuff when you should be doin' work stuff. No need for that freebie one currently, so it was no big deal for me, but nice for them to throw it in.

The only fault i found with these mirrors is, they stick out too far front to back.(You can prob get the idea by checking them out from the link) I quess with a ball/socket they use for adjustment, that is the reason it sticks out so far. Not noticable while driving, but looking at them from the outside side view, they look kinda wierd. Was thinking about just using the mirror head part, and rigging /modd'in them and just trial fitting them to the side views w/ double side emblem tape.The adjustment part of them is not a big deal in my case , i imagine i can trim them to just about the angle needed as i would with the ball/socket.

Still thinking about spending the big bucks on the GM ones tho,,,,,,,,
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
I have tried little round mirrors, bigger round mirrors and some Autozone square mirrors and don't like any of them. I want the GM spot mirrors but having trouble spending that much on them. I hate how GM gouges us on part prices.

Just hoping one day soon the aftermarkets will put out something like the GM ones, at a much lower price.
Auto Zone carries spotter type mirrors for some pickup truck mirrors .No website for the maker of these otherwise i'd check it out/ email them and see if they make something for our cars, and if not, throw out the hint that mebbe they need to
Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 AM

I also think they are on the pricey side, I got my small round spots from Wally world and can turn them to adjust. If you need large ones should have checked the net first.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 PM

I had the $3 round mirror but went to a truck stop and found 2 nice small spot mirrors that are glass. They work great no distortion very clear they were about $7 each.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 AM

We had these on our old Dodge Caravan; I still have them on my 2001 Kawasaki Concours. They perform very well. IMHO worth the money over the $2 ones at the auto parts store.

Mark

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
Just ordered these:

After having 2 different friends that work at dealerships check and see what their cost was on a set of GM spotter mirrors, along with what GM partsdirect sells them for, i did a lil searching and found the Maxi-View site.
So for pretty much the price of one GM mirror, i'll be getting a set of these. (Check out the YouTube vids of their product on their site. It'll give you a lil insight of those $2-$3 round ones.Granted, they are worth the money )

Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM

Just to report on the GM mirrors.

I did not pay full price $25 ea and can say they do work very well and do give you more wide angle than I expected.

The left and right mirror are very different and not just for fitting the mirror. They both were designed to adapt to the angle of the mirror on each side and give you the best wide angle veiw with as little distortion possible.

These work very much better than the round mirrors and I would say very similar to the Maxiveiw. The key with the GM mirrors are they were desigened for the HHR and provide as much of a undistorted wide angle as your going to get.

If you can afford them I would recomend them.

Quick Reply: Spotter Mirror Part Numbers...