General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

SS Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 PM

SS Spoiler

I have a 2LT HHR however i found a SS Spoiler For $275 Bucks Painted. Is this a Decent deal and how hard are they to install? I hate the "loop" Spoiler that is also a option. For some reason the loop is more Money aftermarket, yet cheaper from the Factory
Old 07-19-2008, 07:20 AM

See this thread: Premiere Edition Spoiler
Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Yes Jason that is a decent deal. I have over that amount in mine and I did all the work.
I had to make my own templet for locating the 5 holes that need to be drilled.
If I was to do it again, I would not drill the 3 middle holes for the plastic locking tabs that are mounted on the spoiler. (I would cut them off) I would just drill 2 holes for the 2 outside threaded studs. I would not be comfortable using just 2-sided tape to mount it. Just my personal preference.
Also the spoiler comes with 2-sided foam tape mounted to it.
If yours was mounted on another car before, it is likely that the tape is damaged and would have have to be replaced before you mount the spoiler. The tape kit is available from chevy for $25.00.
If you are handy with tools, etc. you could do the install.
Otherwise, I would have a body shop install it.
Good luck and let me know if you need more info?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Yes Jason that is a decent deal. I have over that amount in mine and I did all the work.
I had to make my own templet for locating the 5 holes that need to be drilled.
If I was to do it again, I would not drill the 3 middle holes for the plastic locking tabs that are mounted on the spoiler. (I would cut them off) I would just drill 2 holes for the 2 outside threaded studs. I would not be comfortable using just 2-sided tape to mount it. Just my personal preference.
Also the spoiler comes with 2-sided foam tape mounted to it.
If yours was mounted on another car before, it is likely that the tape is damaged and would have have to be replaced before you mount the spoiler. The tape kit is available from chevy for $25.00.
If you are handy with tools, etc. you could do the install.
Otherwise, I would have a body shop install it.
Good luck and let me know if you need more info?
Thanks, Its brand New through Gm Goodwrench WebSite. Im going to try and have the dealer install it. If they do not want to do the install im going to get the "Normal" Hoop Spoiler. Im Handy but i just get a bad feeling when it comes to me drilling holes in a Brand New car.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:50 PM

I also like the SS spoiler better, but my opinion is a bit biased since I have an SS.

SPPD
Old 07-20-2008, 06:53 PM

I keep searching whats on the net. Im just not sure if i truly A. Want to spend $300 bucks for a Spoiler. B. Do i really want drill my Baby with no template and how i don't screw it up.

Im really on the Fence with what seems like the simplist Mod ever. Or do i take the $300 and get a CAI? Or save my money.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Im Handy but i just get a bad feeling when it comes to me drilling holes in a Brand New car.
That's why they make bondo! Go for it!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Well I ordered It!!! $275 Painted From the Dealer Plus $75 to install.Dealer didn't mention anything about no Template or anything like that so.. let them figure it out. I'm sure by now the Dealers have atleast a "Custom" one..Can't wait to see it installed. That Rear-End well look hella better!!

FYI Go to GMGoodWrench if you want One. Just give the Part Number to your Dealer.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Well I ordered It!!! $275 Painted From the Dealer Plus $75 to install.Dealer didn't mention anything about no Template or anything like that so.. let them figure it out. I'm sure by now the Dealers have atleast a "Custom" one..Can't wait to see it installed. That Rear-End well look hella better!!

FYI Go to GMGoodWrench if you want One. Just give the Part Number to your Dealer.
Let us know how it comes out?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Let us know how it comes out?
Sorry i haven't gotten back to this thread. I bought the Spoiler and had the dealer install it. I didn't feel like drilling hole's so i let them do it.