General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Steering Wheel Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 AM

I work at a dealer and we have replaced a few airbags on impala's for the emblem being dented etc.... was just a suggestion
No, please it was a GREAT suggestion! I even have an extended warranty! (Zurich Direct)

Even if its the owners fault they will replace it?

Groovielou
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM

If they can't prove that you did anything to cause the emblem to fall of, like pry marks etc...then who is to say it did not fall off. Lets just say we have never fought anyone over it.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 PM

A picture of you dog ??..........just a thought....
Old 11-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Founding Member

Dented chevy emblem

The defect is covered by GM warranty. This problem is happening on almost all 2007 trucks and some cars. The air bag has to be replaced to correct the condition. I would not suggest anyone taking their airbag off! Technicians always disable the SIR system before removing, so that the air bag does not deploy in your face.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Chevy,

So i CAN take it into the dealer and they will take care of it? Even if I have removed it already?

Groovielou
Old 11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Founding Member

Your dealer may have a "problem" with the removal, but be nice, ask politely and see what happens. They know the problem is there. Just because you thought it wouldn't be a warranty repair should not exclude them from fixing a "known defect". You should take it to your selling dealer. They will be more likely to help you. Tell them you will score their satisfaction survey as "completely satisfied" and they will probably help you. Those surveys are real important now days to the dealer!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 AM

I got tired of getting the run around from my dealer to replace the emblem, then my son and I saw the transformers movie. He decided that the HHR would make a good transformer " autobot: High Ride ". I did some searching and found a transformer decal on e-bay. I went to a craft store and found a clear "customizable" magnet, it's just like those make your own button kits. These things are great they seem to be the perfect size and its countours are a perfect fit to the wheel, I painted the back added my decal , put the two halves of the magnet together then used a few strips of automotive trim tape to secure it to the wheel. Hope this helps someone!

Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 AM
jx3

R CA HHR ought to love this mod!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 AM

Seems to be an ongoing problem...

.... Sparky is an off-lease '08 with it's fair share of minor scratches. It also has the dented steering wheel emblem. I came across this site and thought it may be of interest:

http://www.centercaps.net/index.php

There are quite few that come close to the 2 3/8" size required (unless I measured wrong ). Anyone else come up with a resolution to this since the original post?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Alrighteeeeee... here's my solution/mod. One of my hobbies is photography. I had all these lens sizing rings laying around. The size I used was a 58-52mm step-down ring - readily available at any camera store or eBay dirt cheap ($4-5). I found the cap from a vitamin bottle that ALMOST fit inside the opening. I took some naughahyde from a dead nauga and covered the cap, put the sizing ring around it and used a small bead of clear silicone to secure it to the wheel. Here's what it looks like (the adhesive is still drying):

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Emblem