General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Still getting compliments!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 AM

Still getting compliments!

I've had Wheelie for a year and 5 months now, and I'm STILL am strong with getting compliments of others!

Yesterday, Wheelie took me to a little cafe here in New Orleans, and while I was eating my VERY TASTY Double Cheeseburger, the waitress comes to my table with a big smile and says to me, "Is Wheelie your car sir?"(She saw Wheelie's personalized license plate on the front of him)..I HAD TO SMILE!!! ...and I proudly said "Yes Maam, Wheelie is mine"..she had this BIG smile on her face and only said 2 words...."I'M JEALOUS!!"..HAAHAA!!

Natually, I started telling her about Wheelie's attributes, and after 10 minutes of talking, she said she may very well get an HHR of her own!! YYYYEEAAAAAA!!!!!!

So there..I did my good deed for the day..HEEHEE!

Oh and I also wanted to mention that since I don't use Wheelie's back seats, I keep the seats downto make room for my rolling walker, but then Im looking at Wheelie's space under the seats, and I'm like, I can use this space for STORAGE!, WHEELIE HAS IN FLOOR STORAGE!!!..LOL..Just wanted to throw that in..LOL!!

Ok..That's it for now!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM

I think the HHR will be like the '55 Chevy. a CLASSIC . Bet you left the waitress a nice tip. My wife was to go to New Orleans for business last month but then her boss decided it wasn't required of her, she was looking forward to the trip and got a bunch of info. She (and I) never have been there. Have mixed ideas on why people want to live in a big soup bowl as they call it. Hope you didn't have any loses from Katrina
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM

Thumbs up agreed

Originally Posted by an08HHR
I think the HHR will be like the '55 Chevy. a CLASSIC .
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
I think the HHR will be like the '55 Chevy. a CLASSIC . Bet you left the waitress a nice tip. My wife was to go to New Orleans for business last month but then her boss decided it wasn't required of her, she was looking forward to the trip and got a bunch of info. She (and I) never have been there. Have mixed ideas on why people want to live in a big soup bowl as they call it. Hope you didn't have any loses from Katrina
Yes, I did leave a larger tip than I usually do for the nice waitress..:-D, It was a nice day that day.....and as for losses from Katrina?, I did lose some personal possesions of mine, and the car that I had before, A toyota corolla was flooded and had to be towed away, I used the money that my insurance company gave me to pay for Wheelie's down payment :-D
Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 PM

I have been still getting compliments also, had mine for about the same amount of time. Funny thing, some of the compliments come from PT owners.